Wheel Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they make them for a reason not saying it's the best thing to do for bearing seals. Factory wheel offset going to a x10 does the exact same thing as putting a 1.5" spacer on factory wheels. The bearings can take the added stress. Instead of 200k miles before replacement maybe go 150k miles. If you go to a x14-x16 and 2wd the front end will break hubs in 20k miles. So it's very safe to run 1.5" on stock wheels.
eah there is that ... I was speaking in reference to going down not up. An "assumption" on part ... my bad.

Lifted trucks do "funny things with wheels" not a "tucked" wheel kinda thing. Some of us go up and some go down ... I have no idea what a "proper back spacing" is on a lifted truck???

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the simplicity of the 20" dub baller wheels in black and I'd like to wrap them with GY duratracs.

I want to keep my stock ride height but thought maybe a wider stance would be a cheap way to make it look more aggressive.. But I was also worried it would accelerate wear and now that it's confirmed I feel a little hesitant about it. I'm also worried I'm going to clip the side of my house or my wife's car with the wheel pulling into the garage because it is tight as it is in there already.
Hmm sounds like a pretty tight parking space??

Most likely the preponderance of "no's" are from members who tend to drive/corner hard??? Locally you can try and find a "Performance Shop" and ask those guys about wheel spacers. :)

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5" wheel spacers on my OEM 20's and 33's for 20,000 or so miles. No issues thus far. I got hub centric spacers so the are centered to the vehicle hub and also to the wheels hub.

OP
OP
TaBro

TaBro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in FL and don't plan to off-road so I got the 2wd model/ not sure if that matters ? Most roads around here run straight north south east west - the only cornering I do is the on/off Ramps from 95 and tpk occasionally..

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in FL and don't plan to off-road so I got the 2wd model/ not sure if that matters ? Most roads around here run straight north south east west - the only cornering I do is the on/off Ramps from 95 and tpk occasionally..

You'll have nothing to worry about. 1.75" is the smallest you can run without trimming the lugs, unless your wheels have reliefs in the back of them. Buy quality, torque properly, and run them.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I run 1.25" BORA spacers in the rear and trimmed almost all the round nub off no stud threads. 1.5" might be just barely some of the round nub. I used a porta band saw and did both rears in 5 minutes top.
CCADE5CF-965A-4B3D-B0D4-798E599851D5_zpsmvggmuk1.jpg

Zigger21

Reaction score
Does anyone have wheel spacers installed on a 15+ Tahoe?

Any drawbacks? Brand recommendations? Space size recommendations? Pictures?

Thanks!

I bought 23" alloy rims from E Bay that was an unreal price they were in Texas and I ordered them from North Dakota for $559 with free shipping. I looked and these wheel's were $1100 for one so I had to buy them. They came perfect. The picture of them is my picture under my name. They were perfect but I wanted my Denali to have an aggressive stance so I put 2" spacers all around and I love the stance it looked like it was on steroids. The tires I put on were Kumho SXT 305/40/23 and the rubber stuck out of the wheel well about 1.5 inches I loved it until I turned and it rubbed my wheel shrouds in the front so I modified and it rubbed a little so I lived with until I went out in the garage and all my windshield wiper fluid was all over the floor, I removed them right away and repaired the leak on my wiper fluid. Reliability is better than looks. It looks great without them also it looked great with them but if they damage bearings at $120 and an hour to change on your own and $300 having a mechanic change one it's not worth the cost and the cost if one burns up on the highway, could have an accident and its not worth any ones life because it could lock up and pull you into the other lane or even make you roll. Zigg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts