What's the Best HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan1126

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good Ryan! Is it DDM that takes forever to ship out orders? There's one company out west that has good products but take forever to ship. Got any more pictures?

I dont know. if thats an issue i will gladly go over and get them nyself and ship them to you. I can get more pictures if needed.

hey i was just about to order a set of hids from ddm , did you guys go with dual in dual out harness?

Naw i just run the raptor kits. they are extremely simple to install and you have the option of the normal, or slim ballasts.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look good Ryan! Is it DDM that takes forever to ship out orders? There's one company out west that has good products but take forever to ship. Got any more pictures?

yes, DDM will swear up & down on the phone that they will ship ASAP.

they ship direct from CHina, it took several days from my box to go from the factory to the US post office in china (how ever that works)

and then it took ~8 days to get here.

so, about 2 weeks at least to get here.

FWIW, i bought some HID's local, and had to take the clear ring off the base to get the bulb to fit.

i have a 35 HID in my tahoe (cheapo)

and a 55w $175 set in my dodge.
my dodge SCORCHES the earth. they are unbelievable.

i never would have thought there was that much difference.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those clear rings around the base of the bulbs are there only for shipping, it keeps the bulbs in the plastic protective housing..

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the best are kaixen hids but they will set you back quite a bit. I had a few sets of them and were happy. I know a few hid wholesalers that say that most others come from the same factory in china just boxed and branded in the states. Theres 2 wholesalers where i live (new orleans) and ive done business with 3bspec also in the past which were based in houston. My "flashtech, 3bspec, oracle, and hidextra" hids all worked, and pretty much looked the same.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yep, they now come straight from japan/ china. Ordered two sets recently within couple months and both came straight from there, Took about a month to get them and the box was destroyed. Just a fyi. But years ago, i had no problems w/ them, still have them in my cars. but got those within a couple days back then, from them in the usa.

http://www.mod-express.com/category_s/387.htm

Link above is a place im going to use, very nice guys and very good communication and ships from the USA. Told me i would have it within 3 days or so, when i inquired about some hids from them. I believe traviso has placed a order from them.
Also its $40 bucks for a kit and for like 2 bucks more you can choose from standard size ballast, slim, or mid. Or you can order just ballasts. etc..

Just another option.

clayp

Reaction score
quick question are the DDM kits plug and play for the NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? I'm seeing something about a reverse polarity warning on the DDM website?

Bunty

Reaction score
quick question are the DDM kits plug and play for the NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? I'm seeing something about a reverse polarity warning on the DDM website?

Yes they should work fine. The reverse polarity just means to turn the plug around the other way if it doesn't work the first time. I had to do this on my Escalade's Fog HID kit from DDM. At first I was like wtf because I put it in the way its suppose to clip, but hat to turn it around and they worked. So just remember that it will save you some time if they aren't working.

clayp

Reaction score
Yes they should work fine. The reverse polarity just means to turn the plug around the other way if it doesn't work the first time. I had to do this on my Escalade's Fog HID kit from DDM. At first I was like wtf because I put it in the way its suppose to clip, but hat to turn it around and they worked. So just remember that it will save you some time if they aren't working.

good to know thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC