What's the best DD for 2003 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know what to get my wife for christmas. She has wanted a new radio for awhile and I need to know what supports XM while having NAV and working smoothly. I DO NOT WANT a nice DD if it doesn't work smoothly or has caused issues for anyone. Price is not an issue

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a smooth interface and navi I would go with a Kenwood. Cant beat the garmin nav on kenwoods, and they have always had a great smooth interface. I would go to a local audio shop and demo some screens though, what one person likes may not be what you like. especially with touch screens its best to play with it some before you buy it

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Kenwood top of the line with Maestro etc is molasses slow in my buddy's Yukon. Terrible, he's going to return it cause by the time it starts working, you're already two blocks away.

Atreuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with pioneer units.. pretty responsive, and the GPS is on point. I personally own the NEX8000, though I wouldn't buy it again since pioneer doesnt want to make the app they promised to go with it for weather/traffic, etc.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I have a pioneer avh-x5700bhs. It's a pretty cool unit, but if I had to do it over again I would have bought something else... and got a external dsp.

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a "DD"?

From the context of the answers already provided, it sounds like a head unit.

So why is a head unit abbreviated with "dd" insteaf of "HU"?

DD sounds like daily driver to me, but the context of this thread does not support that tradition.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
DD stands for Double DIN, the chassis size of the stereo. It's twice the height of a standard DIN radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts