What would you do to this truck? 2008 Tahoe LT3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting at suggestion of @ISU-152

2008 Chevy Tahoe LT3 4wd, Gold Mist over Cashmere leather, 135K miles

Yeah, gold. It wasn’t my first choice of color when I was shopping for a Tahoe last spring, but life happens. She’s loaded with just about every option available---way more than I had planned or hoped for---and I got her for a song. Bonus: Gold Mist hides dirt & dust really well. :D

She drives straight & smooth, and every single thing works except for driver-side power-folding mirror (motor operates but the gear drive needs replaced) and rear defroster (I need to reconnect driver-side tab to glass). Looking at replacing tires and, probably, ball joints before too long...otherwise, she's good to go.

Mods to date:
  • Tinted front windows
  • Shaved rear hatch glass
  • Debadged driver & passenger doors
  • Brushed metal-look steering wheel spokes
  • KYB Gas-A-Just shocks
I'm a family man and don't care much for posing anymore, so I will not do anything flashy to her. More interested in suspension improvements for overall handling, maybe some exhaust work to deepen her purr, and maybe some better lighting up front or LEDs for puddles, license, etc.

Thoughts?

20170116_171354.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pondering cutting that ugly resonator off and replacing with the SLP setup OR keeping the resonator and replacing factory muffler with Black Widow Venom 250. Very doubtful that I'd run the BW muffler without a resonator.

I realize that one option is more for looks and the other more for sound......hmmmmm

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the exhaust idea. Maybe a new grille? Truck looks pretty clean bro.

Maybe get some of those red or blue wiper blades...I hear they are back!

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the exhaust idea. Maybe a new grille? Truck looks pretty clean bro.

Maybe get some of those red or blue wiper blades...I hear they are back!

Thanks man.

Red or blue wiper blades? That's news to me. LOL

Here's my 'shaved' rear hatch glass.

IMG_20160612_170004.jpg

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are BEFORE and AFTER following this weekend's main project. I struggled with it because I did not realize that the horn contacts were not properly aligned, so the horn blared every time I reconnected everything....until I tore it apart the fourth time. LOL

In the end, even with the struggling, the final result makes the interior view look much better.

Old Steering Wheel.jpg

New steering wheel.jpg

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Very clean platform to start out with.

I'd either go up slightly or down slightly from stock to give it a better stance.

Other than the exhaust you already mentioned, just drive it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia