what oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Oil and filters here.
Hi. Check out this list: https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3HZE44CNI72JV/ref=cm_sw_r_it_wl_o_t0iQvb5AQ6EQX

And as always my oil is honey colored and my filter has no debris in it.
Yess I cut that ***** open every time...

It's a common misconception that if used oil is clean when you drain it, it is good oil. It's quite the opposite if you understand the function of a motor oil (not implying that you personally don't). Lubricate parts, fight thermal breakdown from heat, act as a hydraulic fluid and suspend carbon particles.

Every engine has a combustion (power) stroke and at every one of those power strokes, carbon sneaks past the piston rings and into the oil. You want that stuff suspended in the oil (darkening it) and not clinging to every surface in the bottom end, valve-train and every passage in between.

I change my oil as mentioned at 2500 miles and use full syn. My used oil comes out dark. I know that is a good thing and not a bad one for the reasons I mentioned.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is DO do regular oil changes but DON'T get discouraged by the darkness of it when it comes out. You are removing the contaminants that it has held in suspension for you.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm giving valvoline high mileage full synthetic a go with mobile one filter.

30 bucks at advance leaves you a quart short.

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
I am still planning on switching to that Valvoline full synthetic high mileage at the next oil change. I switched to Synpower (from Maxlife) in my other car And am getting about 1-2 mpg better, just from that.

If you're already running full synthetic I dont think it would improve, but I have been running the blend in my higher mileage cars, and now want to give full synthetic a try in them.

Last edited:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doin't think it has been mentioned yet so I'll be "that guy" and say it: please do not deviate from the manufacturer spec'd viscosity of 5w-30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19