what oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 and either Mobil or Purolator filters. The AC Delco filters from what I've read are junk now.

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably why? Plenty of people swear by that stuff. I think its a bit overpriced.

Because wonder what all I have to change I know the obvious engine transmission I have awd so front and back diffs am I leaving out anything

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil and filters here.
Hi. Check out this list: https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3HZE44CNI72JV/ref=cm_sw_r_it_wl_o_t0iQvb5AQ6EQX

Sorry my tablets being a ass and won't let me hot link.

The white wix filter and the valvoline oil is what you want.
I have the acdelco and mobile one in there for the die hards that just want the part numbers.

I beat the ever loving shit out of my engine on a daily basis and run the wix and valvoline oil, and have no problems.
No clumpy oil, it's not dark, it's not burnt or any of that bull sheet.
My filter doesn't collapse internally, or bypass due to over pressures.
No rediculous valve train noise. Etc.. This shit works.

This is also, the mandatory filter and oil, my preferred tuner (best friend) uses and demands everyone he tunes switch too, before he will even touch their rides. Along with ngk tr6 plugs.

We beat the shit out of these engines daily, not one problem.

Ultimately it's your engine and your choice..

Good luck.

P.s.

I'm a lazy cheap bastard and use the DIC oil change percentage. When it hits zero, I might, if my engine is lucky change it.
And as always my oil is honey colored and my filter has no debris in it.
Yess I cut that ***** open every time...

Last edited:

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
Oil and filters here.
Hi. Check out this list: https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3HZE44CNI72JV/ref=cm_sw_r_it_wl_o_t0iQvb5AQ6EQX

The white wix filter and the valvoline oil is what you want.
I have the acdelco and mobile one in there for the die hards that just want the part numbers.

Ultimately it's your engine and your choice..

Good luck.

thanks for sharing those links.

Quick question, if you got a motor that has been poorly maintained, would you still recommend the Valvoline racing oil over the Valvoline MaxSyn Full Synthetic?

I've heard the Valvoline Racing is definitely the best for vintage/classic engines, especially if you run solid cam lifters.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We run it in everything.
Although you may want to run a heavy dose of seafoam and or trans fluid through it before going to good oil.

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
Yes, everybody recommends the Seafoam or ATF flush for an engine that has not been well maintained (oil wise).

Will probably do that at the next change. I was planning on going to Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage, but may try the racing oil you suggested.

Right now, not hearing any lifter noise and it really doesn't use much oil at all. Not leaking that can I see. But with the 300k miles, I am always leery of going to a full synthetic...cause leaks can start springing up. Thanks!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Royal Purple HMX with either the Royal Purple or K&N filter

** My Tahoe is at 70k now, but I like the extrazinc/phosphorus anti-wear additives. I do this to keep the cam bearings happy and the lifters quiet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM