what oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pizzle

Reaction score
i have an 06 tahoe with 85K and I was wondering what oil you guys are using. Anything that stands out?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always run royal purple with a royal purple oil filter
its been proven to best filter and oil its neck and neck with amsoil according to the studys and research ive seen done

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always run royal purple with a royal purple oil filter
its been proven to best filter and oil its neck and neck with amsoil according to the studys and research ive seen done

There is no "best oil" or "best filter" according to BITOG.

I run mobil one or pennzoil platinum whatever is cheaper.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running valvoline full synthetic for years now along with a valvoline or fram filter.

tunedbytuna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use Mobil One High Mileage Full Synthetic with an AC Delco Oil Filter. My '06 has 99K on the 5.3.

therealdanbull

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doesn't so much matter what brand oil you choose. More important to change as recommended by the manufacturer and stick with the same brand through the life of the car.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of royal purple it has a way of getting past the rings. I agree with autumn get what's on sale. Use a wix or mobile one filter.

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
Have been using Valvoline high mileage blend 10w30, but plan on switching to Valvoline high mileage full synthetic next oil change. Always use the AC Delco filter. Its cheap, but seems ok.

My experience is more frequent oil changes tend to do more good than harm, so I tend to buy cheap BRAND NAME oil, change it often, and avoid generic stuff.

Quick oil change places...I think...often go extra cheap on their bulk oil, but thats just my feeling and I cant prove it. I have used them, but usually feel better when I do it myself. :)

Last edited:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w-30 since I hit approx 75k (134k now). For a filter I try to get Wix, but will also use Bosch, Mobil 1, and Napa Gold filters.

I agree that I don't think the type of oil matters all that much. More important to do it regularly and use a good quality filter.

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w-30 since I hit approx 75k (134k now). For a filter I try to get Wix, but will also use Bosch, Mobil 1, and Napa Gold filters.

I agree that I don't think the type of oil matters all that much. More important to do it regularly and use a good quality filter.

I also use Mobil 1 5w-30 High Mileage and a NAPA Platinum oil filter. I top it off with Wal-Mart 5w-30 full synthetic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper