What mods under the hood will help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have been doing alot to the appearance of the hoe but want to get some better mpgs.. and more punch even tho i drive it like a gma haha to help with the gas mileage.... what should i look into doing in the future. The only thing i have done is added a magnaflow exaust thats it. It sounds good i havent honestly seen any mpg gains tho... i have right at 63000 miles like 2 days ago and its an 03.. any sugestions i want to seafoam i heard thats good but scared to phunk up the 02 sensors....

2005 SLT4WD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just added a INSYS cold air intake and my best tank of gas i got 500 kilometers! All stock except that. That was in town and I live in a mountainous area.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do a regular tune up, and use quality parts. That should add MPGs.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get a custom pcm tune, you can gain on avg 2-3 mpg AND some power to boot. The pcm tune will take into account the added efficiency from adding a better breathing air filter and muffler, helping the engine take advantage of the less restrictive intake/exhaust system.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does adding a intake help pretty good. I have a brute force, but the filter got trashed by mistake. So im stock. Not trying to hi jack Nick's thread, but seems like a good mod if it helps. I have the same miles, except 05.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the turbo and Boosted 6 litre! LoL! That should do it!

Intake always helps. Do the swiss cheese mod w/ a K&N drop in, you'll be fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada