What does everyone think about the color of this '07 denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
First of all, hello everyone! Im new to the forum. Been lurking for a while but never joined/been active. I have owned a couple tahoes, an '02 and an '04 (just sold the '04, its the one in my sig) and an '03 escalade.

Im looking into purchasing another gm suv and I really like the nbs denali. I love the new sclade's also (yes we call them sclades down south) but that's just not my style anymore, too "bling-bling" if you know what I mean. No offense to anyone who owns one, I love a clean black or pearl white lac.

Anyways, Ive been shopping around and came across an interesting find. Its an '07 with all of the options I'm looking for but one curve ball, it has been painted a custom dark pearl orange. I would call it burnt orange. Its not a bad paint job, quality wise, actually its pretty good and the carfax/autocheck, title, etc are all clean with no signs of prior damage that I can find. I really think the original owner (1 owner local purchase and trade) just wanted a truck in this color to stand out from the crowd.

I cant decide how I feel about it so I thought I would post some pictures and give everyone a chance to comment. I included a couple pictures of the truck in normal light when it appears darker and a couple of panels in direct sunlight that show the brighter pearl better. The last picture shows the contrast between the red emblem and the paint color.

Ive never owned a car with aftermarket paint. As far as the color goes, I like it a lot. Im pretty sure it is the "daytona sunset orange" that was offered on the 2005-2007 c6 corvettes. Ive owned a couple of c6's and always admired this color but I cant decide if I like it on an suv. I really want to talk to the owner to see why he decided to paint it, how/why he chose the color, what color it is specifically, where the work was done, if there is any warranty, etc. In the meantime I would like to know what you guys think?

Also, How much does custom paint effect the resale value of a vehicle? Obviously it depends a lot on how wild the paint job is and who the buyer is but maybe some forum members who have sold cars with custom paint can chime in. What I would like to know is, if I decide to make an offer on this denali, how much less I should I deduct for the paint? and if I were to purchase this denali, how much harder will it be for me to sell it in a year or so? I cant remember the last time I kept a car longer than that.

Thanks for your input everyone!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the worst color in the world but a bit "bright" for my personal tastes if it was me. I'd definitely to at least take off that GMC off the back gate because that red badge REALLY clashes with that orange paint :) But personal tastes aside it looks to be a really clean ride as long as the price is right....

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi CB, welcome aboard.

Personally I don't like this color ... it seems a paradox that if you don't like escalades because they are too 'bling' that you wouldn't find this particular color/wheel combo equally blingie.

Custom paint jobs can affect resale value depending on the color. You are always restricting the buyer pool by having a custom job. But in rare occasions it can work in your favor should someone love the color so much they can't live without it.

Anyhoot, no matter what we think it's you who has to be seen in your truck ... choose wisely. :)

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, I'd sport that in a heartbeat! I actually LOVE the color....dare to be different!

<----speaking from experience

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i dunno lots a variables in paint. Did he do jams? That color is a great color but it is going to limit your market for resale. Its bright.

I mean i dont know how much to really take off if any. Its just paint its not anything hardcore. He may think its worth more because of the "new" paint. :)nono:) See what blue book is and his price and go from there.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the paints not bad..if done well. i'd drive it. but i'd lose the ghetto dope dealer rims.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the rims, myself. The only thing that really bothers me is that GMC badge only cuz the color of it clashes so badly with the new paint. But I'd agree with what Trick said. Get truck KBB value of it and go from there. Do NOT overpay because of a paint job....

OP
OP
Carolina Boy

Carolina Boy

Reaction score
Not the worst color in the world but a bit "bright" for my personal tastes if it was me. I'd definitely to at least take off that GMC off the back gate because that red badge REALLY clashes with that orange paint :) But personal tastes aside it looks to be a really clean ride as long as the price is right....

its kind of hard to tell from the pics but the color really isnt that bright. these pictures were taken on a sunny day and its not until the sun is shining directly on it that the paint really shines. I totally agree about the red clashing. The first thing I would do is pull off those emblems

Hi CB, welcome aboard.

Personally I don't like this color ... it seems a paradox that if you don't like escalades because they are too 'bling' that you wouldn't find this particular color/wheel combo equally blingie.

Custom paint jobs can affect resale value depending on the color. You are always restricting the buyer pool by having a custom job. But in rare occasions it can work in your favor should someone love the color so much they can't live without it.

Anyhoot, no matter what we think it's you who has to be seen in your truck ... choose wisely. :)

I see what your saying about being contradictory with the caddy comment yet Im considering a pearl orange denali..lol pretty funny actually when you point it out haha! I think the reason I like this color and why i am considering making an offer is because it reminds me of (actually I think it is) the "daytona sunset" color gm offered on the early model c6 vette's and everytime I see one i drool but again there's a big difference between having this color on a weekend driver/garage queen sports car and having a much larger (more surface area = more paint = more noticeable) suv that I will most likely be driving daily. My concern is that as much as i love the color itself, I might get sick of it quickly and grow tired of the attention it attracts. hmmmmm...

i dunno lots a variables in paint. Did he do jams? That color is a great color but it is going to limit your market for resale. Its bright.

I mean i dont know how much to really take off if any. Its just paint its not anything hardcore. He may think its worth more because of the "new" paint. :)nono:) See what blue book is and his price and go from there.

the paint job was done right, he did the jams, etc. I wouldnt even be considering it if the job was sub par. Im gald members with custom paint are chiming in. I appreciate it! If I can get them low enough I may just oull the trigger.

the paints not bad..if done well. i'd drive it. but i'd lose the ghetto dope dealer rims.

The rims arent bad in person if you are into that style. By that I mean, they are made by a reputable company and in great condition as far as the chrome and tires, etc. But again the key word is, "that style," which I am not into. Fortunately a lot of folks around my area are and considering the set looks brand new, wheels and tires, Im sure I could unload them quickly for a decent price. But yes, they would definitely be off the truck just as quick as the badges. The good thing is I could you the money I make off the wheels to start modding the car to my taste :)

Im thinking a black and orange theme would look good

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rims arent bad in person if you are into that style. By that I mean, they are made by a reputable company and in great condition as far as the chrome and tires, etc. But again the key word is, "that style," which I am not into. Fortunately a lot of folks around my area are and considering the set looks brand new, wheels and tires, Im sure I could unload them quickly for a decent price. But yes, they would definitely be off the truck just as quick as the badges. The good thing is I could you the money I make off the wheels to start modding the car to my taste :)

Im thinking a black and orange theme would look good

Cool! Stock Denali 8 spoke 20's I'm a big fan of! :waytogo: If going to a different rim that's the one I'd personally choose for that ride.

With the things you have planned for it if it's at the right price point I'd say grab it man! :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfire

Latest posts