What do you tow??? Lets see it! Travel Trailer and Toy Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow 4 different trailers. From light weight, to 6000 lb race car trailer. Never a problem. auto ride handles it.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's top choice for a trailer brake controller? I am wanting to tow a travel trailer, but not before I get it properly prepared first. @Ridculous what is your set up on your Denali?

Joe

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great responses guys thanks

I have a aftermarket brake controller that the travel trailer dealer installed. Let me look at it

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Tekonsha brake controllers. I have an old Prodigy that was in my 2004 GMC Sierra w/Duramax for a time and now resides in my 2005 Envoy XL.

My in-laws purchased a pop-up trailer and the place they bought it from put a Tekonsha in their F-150. I don't recall the model, though. Sorry.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Regards,

Mark

Dave01

Reaction score
I tow a few boats, heaviest is maybe 4,500 lbs. with trailer. Tows it easily. I don't have a brake controller in the Tahoe but have had good luck with Tekonsha. Main thing with brake controllers is to spend the time to dial in the sensitivity and engagement, get it so the trailer is braking and holding you back a bit but not doing all the braking for the truck, and never locking up the trailer tires.

52710%2BTahoe%2B%252B%2B%252798%2BSport%2BNautique.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660