What can cause a hot AC on an auction vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisSRT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be the controller, try cycling the temp all the way to hot and then back to cold. Mine will sometimes go to full hot if I use it at anything other than full cold. My local police chief/K9 have had the same problem with his Tahoe.

ChunkePPV

Reaction score
Check all your fuses and do a reset to the hvac system, I found a tutorial involving pulling the 3 hvac fuses waiting 2 mins starting the car waiting 2 mins then opening the doors. It worked amazingly for me

Fred34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, typically, if the truck is not driven for a long time, you can loose some refrigerant charge through the compressor seal. If the truck is driven, the seal is kept working , in the summer, and is supplied with oil to keep it lubricated, but if the truck sits for a long time, the seal can loose the oil and a leak can develop. Not a major problem, but if you leak test everything and do not find any leak, it could have been the seal, which you have now relubricated by running the A/C, and it has sealed itself back up. Recharge as required and keep an eye on it. Good luck. BTW....I was an HVAC service tech for over 35 years before I retired 2 years ago.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one thing I would take to the dealership and pay the $150 diagnostic for. After you learn the problem, take that $150 you paid for the inspection, apply that to an evacuation and recharge. Have them evacuate, fix the issue yourself and come back for your prepaid recharge. Did this a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork