weird ticking/buzzing noise coming from dash area found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i figured i would post this if anyone else has had a similar noise, for a while i was getting very annoyed of this weird buzzing ticking noise coming from under my dash.. it got very loud, then i thought, hey that kind of sounds like the fuel injectors when they are running, so looked around wiggled the fuel lines and sure enough both lines were sitting against a pinch weld where the fire wall and floor board meet up. apparently there is suppose to be a bracket there it looks, but i didnt have said bracket, i zip tied it to the mount for the neutral safety switch. annoying noise for a year and a half is now gone :)

Keith72365

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, I think my truck is making the same weird noise. Where exactly is a bracket? Is it under the engine hood on the firewall or under the vehicle?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i figured i would post this if anyone else has had a similar noise, for a while i was getting very annoyed of this weird buzzing ticking noise coming from under my dash.. it got very loud, then i thought, hey that kind of sounds like the fuel injectors when they are running, so looked around wiggled the fuel lines and sure enough both lines were sitting against a pinch weld where the fire wall and floor board meet up. apparently there is suppose to be a bracket there it looks, but i didnt have said bracket, i zip tied it to the mount for the neutral safety switch. annoying noise for a year and a half is now gone :)

Good job hoss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts