Weird problem with SBZA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving yesterday, no rain, nothing. A message popped up on the DIC - "Side Blind Zone Alert Disabled"

The message might've been a little different... it might have said error. The SBZA stopped working. I went to the menu and disabled and enabled it and it worked fine. Any cause for worry? Where are the SBZA sensors anyways?

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the sensors are on the corner of the side mirrors and radiate in an interesting pattern that is depicted in the manual--- about 1.5' off the ground to 6' and looks back from about even with you to about 16' back for about one lane's width-- of course its not perfect and can be set off by other things.

it saved me in the first 2 miles when i got it--- i dont know how that s not a standard safety feature on all cars-- i love it

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done that twice now since I got it and both times it worked fine after cycling the ignition so I had no way to bring in to the dealer to be diagnosed. I guess if it happens again I'll give them a call to see if it's a common problem.

007fl

Reaction score
Happens all the time on my '09. Several things set it off. Other "radar" based devices such as automatic door sensors, police radar, some forward looking sensors on other cars.

Kind of a pita. It takes about five minutes to reset on its own.

OP
OP
S

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I scrolled through the menu and turned them off and back on again and they worked fine... confused me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16