Weird fronts end sound after installing 24 " kmc slides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltdan

Reaction score
Does it happen when you are just driving straight like on the highway? My 22s rub the fender liner a little on turns when flexing a little and it buzzes, but I think that's more to do with the 305/45 tires

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
C

Cobrastud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the factory computer take time to adjust to new wheels? Does it adjust to new wheels? Is some kind of computer programmer helpful or needed here? Or is it just recalibrating the speedo?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Thanks again for that link. Is it unlikely that the truck shop would have installed those? Sounds like they should def know what they are and why they are used. I'm gonna check with them tomorrow.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you had the new wheels put on did they remove the little metal clips that hold the rotors on? Most aftermarket wheels are not machined to accept that clip. It will be at every wheel location on the truck, usually just one per rotor, clip is round and on a stud. And before you ask, yes something as small as this clip can produce the symptoms you are describing. A very common issue with aftermarket wheels on GM trucks/suv's.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you had the new wheels put on did they remove the little metal clips that hold the rotors on? Most aftermarket wheels are not machined to accept that clip. It will be at every wheel location on the truck, usually just one per rotor, clip is round and on a stud. And before you ask, yes something as small as this clip can produce the symptoms you are describing. A very common issue with aftermarket wheels on GM trucks/suv's.

exactly what I was about to post. :Handshake:

Darkie

Reaction score
The weird sounds I found on mine were the auto ride links fell apart and the threads from them were rubbing control arm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia