Vinyl to Wrap TRuck ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

305Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys My 2 tone Hoe is gona get a quick MakeOver.. ( green and tan on the bottom)

Will I be able to use this Vinyl to wrap the bottom of the truck????

Seems a little cheap ...
just wondering cuase everywhere I got quoted ( materials only) it was a hefty amount ......

I called them up and they stated that the Matt BLACK was ( I dont remember 100%) 2.3 or 2.5 mm

????????????

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
fyi...my tahoe was black with grey/silver bottom. I priced covering it with vinyl and having it painted and in the end I just taped it off, sanded it down, and painted/cleared it myself. It turned out good and even with no drips, because I'm good with paint and also it was a small area. It's something to consider. As far as durability, from what I've read rattle can jobs hold up fairly well but if not it's no big deal to repaint it next year for $10. I used engine enamel.

Trvr_lumsden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I work in a sign shop and we use the same style of vynal on our signs. That stuff is designed for a flat surface. It can work on cars, cause I have made many different stickers for my hoe. But the vynal needed for cars, the type they use on wraps is called hi-performance vynal. Like I said, you can make it work, but you will need to use soapy water, and a heat gun to make it form to the sharp contours at the bottom of the doors. Good luck with it, I know Im happy with mine, but I expect to start curling and shrinking in the next 6-12 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA