Looking to buy back my first truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok there is bit of a story here. back in 2006 when i was 16 i bought a 99 gmc yukon. Blue on Blue leather very clean truck got it from a chevy dealer. i drove the truck for about a year and a half and sold it once i got a newer truck. i sold it privately and told the new owner to let me know if he ever sells it. i sold it with 85k on it.

long story short the guy called me up and said he wants to sell it now and remembered me. it has 130k on it and hes asking 4000 ( way to high). so being that it was my first my truck i learned how to drive in this thing i went to look at it.

the body was very very clean no rust anywhere not even on the rear bumper. obvious under carriage rust once i got under it but the floors were not rusted out or anything. mainly just frame rust and few other components. interior was pretty good the seat had a small rip in it but thats to be expected. new a/c compressor which was awesome because the a/c actually worked. new tires / brakes, brake lines re done, tune up.

while i was under it i noticed oil leaking from the back side of the motor which could really only mean one thing. rear main seal. and its also got a small coolant leak coming out of the bottom of the intake ( intake gaskets). and the engine light is on for both bank 1 and bank 2 rear 02 sensors which he stated he replaced both but the light never went away? if thats true could be possible ground issue somewhere / corroded wire. and also the ABS system is acting up. almost every time you go to stop it activates and makes it hard / awkward to slow down.

so my question to you guys is what is this thing worth. is it even worth buying? i most certainty dont need this truck. i have 3 cars of my own sitting around my house. the only reason i was even interested was because it was my first truck and it would be cool to have it back.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'd offer him $2000 and see if he bites. If he does, you get it for 1/2 his selling price, which will give you more funds to fix the rear main seal leak. Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what i did lol. he said he was going to let me know and advertise it for a bit. the more i think about it the more i feel 2000 is even to much for it. the rear main seal i could live with. the intake gaskets would have to be fixed there is coolant leaking onto the ps pump causing the the pulley to squeal. for all i know that bearing could be shot also and would have to replace that also.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
thats what i did lol. he said he was going to let me know and advertise it for a bit. the more i think about it the more i feel 2000 is even to much for it. the rear main seal i could live with. the intake gaskets would have to be fixed there is coolant leaking onto the ps pump causing the the pulley to squeal. for all i know that bearing could be shot also and would have to replace that also.
I bet the longer he takes to get back to you, the more time you're gonna think about it and think it's not such a good idea to buy it! Lol. I've been there, done that. Either way, good luck to you.

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im basically at that point. going to get estimates on panting my car. rather use the money there lol

OP
OP
04SS99Denali

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update - well i received a phone call yesterday from the dude and he said 2200. so looks like im going to get it on friday. figure i can redo the intake gaskets on my own in a few hours. the engine light has to be something simple also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844