Very loose front end...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my 05 Yukon about 2 months ago I've had this horrible vibration in the front end at around 60-75 miles per hour. I complained to the dealer I bought it off of and they "supposedly" aligned it and balanced all 4 tires which did nothing. Yesterday I raised the front end and wiggled the front wheels left and right and there was a lot of movement from BOTH sides. The truck also pulls to the left and in order to keep it straight the steering wheel has to be at 2 o'clock. The vibration comes through the steering wheel too. Where should I look first??

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the inner/outer tie rods and work your way through your steering components (idler/pitman arm, steering box, ect)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You state the wheels have lots of movement when jacked up that movement is bad wheel bearings. These trucks it is an entire hub assembly that contains new speed sensor. The entire assembly bolts to the spindle. This is what sounds like is your issue. $50-120 each depending on brand and store purchased. It's a fairly easy job. About 30-45 a side for the driveway warrior.

tekkitan

Reaction score
You state the wheels have lots of movement when jacked up that movement is bad wheel bearings. These trucks it is an entire hub assembly that contains new speed sensor. The entire assembly bolts to the spindle. This is what sounds like is your issue. $50-120 each depending on brand and store purchased. It's a fairly easy job. About 30-45 a side for the driveway warrior.

Could be inner/outer tie-rod and/or idler arm as stated. Wheel bearing will usually also allow you to wiggle the wheel top/bottom as well. If it is only left/right, I'd check the above.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, if you do the full assembly, get a 10lb slide hammer. It really helped me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts