Value of my hoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yzracer02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking about either selling or trading in my 2003 Tahoe. Just looking what you guys think its worth or what would be a good deal for me to take. It's an 03 with 160k. No body damage besides two very small dings, aftermarket headlights and turn signals. All turn and brake bulbs led, every interior bulb led, alpine navi head unit. It's an lt so it's loaded with sunroof and heated leather and all that. 4x4. New wheel bearings and seals. K and n air filter. I did check kbb but idk how realistic that is.

sdshack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have no idea what your '03 is worth on the open market, but I can tell you that in my experience KBB grossly overestimated my old '06 GTO's worth (by a solid $5k). I find that Edmunds is much more accurate. You could also go on your local Craigslist and/or search autotrader/eBay motors to see what comparable cars are going for.

FishinCricket

GMC Salesman
Reaction score
NADA and KBB generally reflect what people owe rather than actual cash values of vehicles because they purchase their numbers from the state, who collects them from the info on the title app, which can be grossly inflated in many cases.

To answer the OP's question would take more information than we currently have available, but to make an attempt:

It's worth what you are willing to take and what someone is willing to give. Start just below NADA or KBB value and be prepared to consider less. Your region has a specific market and only someone who is in that market currently could tell you for sure.

Where I am (Missouri) your vehicle could have a retail value as high as 10k and a wholesale value as low as 4-5k depending pun a large variety of factors.

Hooch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in phoenix with that type of mileage I would say it would go $5500 max

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One big factor, at least for me is the aftermarket things. The aftermarket headlights, are they the kind you have to splice the wires with the blue clips? If they are that style that depreciates from the value because those blue clips tend to cause wiring issues down the road. Just to give you an idea though, I live about 2 hours away from your location listed in your profile and I just bought my 2002 LS Tahoe with 114000 on it for about 7k. Everything in our area tends to be a little bit overpriced so I would probably list it for 7000 (which is what kbb lists in very good contition) and take the first offer over 6000 you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imterarizer