Valet lost my keys again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the 2nd time in 15mths the valet has lost my keys at work. Luckily for me both times I only gave them my 2nd key. Not my keys w/ my home keys or I'd be really screwed.

They said they'll pay to have another key made. But I don't want the same key made w/ another key and the remote fob floating around in some valet kid's hands.

How much does it cost to have the whole thing redone. New locks/remote codes etc? Any done this?

thx.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot.

Most dealers charge different rates. 3rd time needing a key they might cut you a deal on new keys/fobs and then there's the labor

Best bet is to just call the dealer

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fob's are $150, keys are $25 each cut (I believe). To get the ignition, door and glovebox keys redone, not sure. Probably a few hundred bucks

PeteKT

Reaction score
sounds like there is someone there stealing keys, in 14 years of using valet they have never once lost our keys. Ive heard of people stealing keys, oping to access the car later but unless they have a thief or there keys are accessible by non workers something sounds SHADY

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would make the Company Pay for a new Ign Period , Just so they will crack down on this "losing" of keys.

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
based on the amount of tahoe/denali/escalade thefts per year, and my knowledge of valet services, i would also be the farm that keys are being collected for theft later.

there is really ZERO chance for a valet to lose a key, especially what sounds like an established valet.

i would call the police and file an official report,

and definitely make them change door/ignition/glovebox cylinders...if they dont, then do it yourself and file in small claims court, bring a copy of the police report.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of course since they record your address off your registration and conveniently "lose" the keys..

OP
OP
M

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my thought too that they would come back later if they copied the key.

This is where I work. There are not enough spots to park so they have valet people park cars in the middle of the lot. 200+ cars a day they valet.

Apparently one of the people accidentally left the one key in her pocket over the weekend. I got it back on Monday. They wouldn't rekey the truck since the key was found and said it was an honest mistake. They gave me a $200 gift card for the inconvenience.

It is where I work so I'm taking my chances she didn't copy the key over the weekend. And not try and make them pay for rekeying the truck. I'm sure down the line they'd try and use it against me on something.

The mgr. guy who called me kinda made it sound like it was my fault for only giving them the spare single key. He was like we never lose a big key chain w/ lots of keys. "It is the single fob we have problems with"

Time will tell if they are trying to steal it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts