Vacum hose on Heater control valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope I reffered to it with the rite part name but Ive been having some heat issues since I got the truck but just now tying to fix it. My heat isnt blowing hot, just luke warm not even warm enough to leave it on lol...was checking out the heater control valve(the plastic part that has 2 hoses leading to the firewall/heater core) and I noticed a small skinny 'vacuum hose' that goes from the control valve to a little nipple on the firewall, when I took it off the firewall it was completely clogged up so I took a skinny nail and tried to clear the opening and the heat began working very well, next day....no heat again...does anyone know what Im talking about? I think I need to replaced that little clogged up 'nipple'...I can take pics need be.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes replace the line that is clogged. ass the debris breaks up it may head towards the vacuum valve that switches the vacuum to the water valve on and off. so you may end clogging that as well. not very likely tho.

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks sunlite i changed the hose and the vacuum valve(pic), and even the t-stat today and still, no HOT heat...is one of those square relays in the 'under the hood' box in any way related to the heating system?

Attachments

• main.JPG
    main.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 10

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
no. nothing box related. check the air valve on the vacuum line for clogs or another disconnection of lines further towards the top of engine. the air valve is just inboard of the a/c accumulator mounted on the fire wall it opens and closes the vacuum line as you go from max cold detent on temp dial to any other setting.

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. nothing box related. check the air valve on the vacuum line for clogs or another disconnection of lines further towards the top of engine. the air valve is just inboard of the a/c accumulator mounted on the fire wall it opens and closes the vacuum line as you go from max cold detent on temp dial to any other setting.

Thanks....gonna look for that this morning

king_yukon

Reaction score
i had the same issue a month ago, it was the heater valve control the picture listed above, just swap it out it's pretty easy you'll lose a little bit of coolant though so have a catch bucket. i think it cost me like 30-40 dollars

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the same issue a month ago, it was the heater valve control the picture listed above, just swap it out it's pretty easy you'll lose a little bit of coolant though so have a catch bucket. i think it cost me like 30-40 dollars

Just saw your comment King_Yukon....yea I did go ahead and change that part as pictured in the 1st post but still no heat, changed that hose too, idk what the issue is now, guy at autozone said it might be some resister...do you know where that is located?

king_yukon

Reaction score
disconnect and block off the little vacumm hose that comes off the diaphragm and see if that help, dont worry about the nipple on the heat cont valve it won't leak or anything

have you checked the coolant? its not low in the rad? proper color? maybe the heater core is blocked might need to flush the coolant

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disconnect and block off the little vacumm hose that comes off the diaphragm and see if that help, dont worry about the nipple on the heat cont valve it won't leak or anything

have you checked the coolant? its not low in the rad? proper color? maybe the heater core is blocked might need to flush the coolant

I'll try that, I did pinch the vacuum hose once and it got hot but when connected it is cool, I'll disconnect it today and see...is flushing the heater core a DIY project?...dad is full with dexcool, new ear a few months ago

OP
OP
K

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that, I did pinch the vacuum hose once and it got hot but when connected it is cool, I'll disconnect it today and see...is flushing the heater core a DIY project?...dad is full with dexcool, new ear a few months ago

Well, Rad is full, disconnected the vacuum hose and still no heat :Frustrated:
...gonna consider flushing the heater core...any tips TYFF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6