V4 to V8 Squeak During Shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magiaone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the fix they can post - want to make sure I clamp the right way.

I have it on mine and the chirp is annoying.
Thanks.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have redesigned the exhaust system with a new part number. The dealership should order a new exhaust and replace yours.

ses_yukon

Reaction score
I thought I would share this solution that I found from another forum (GM-Trucks.com). Make sure to follow the link in this thread to a separate longer thread with pictures. We all have this valve on the 2015's and I'm clamping mine open tonight!

V4 to V8 Squeak

Another good link...
Passive Exhaust Valve

**Update: I put a standard 2" to 3" hose clamp on this to keep it open similar to the links above and the squeak has gone away. The exhaust even sounds a little meatier in the V4 mode. (no difference in V8) It's as simple as turning the valve 90° counter-clockwise and clamping...that's it.
I know this thread is 7 years old but THANK YOU!!! I have a new (to me) 2016 Yukon. Driving today I noticed a slight chirp in the rear when tapping the accelerator. Now I know why. I imagine the aftermarket exhaust I'll put on it will solve it.

Thanks again for your post and follow up. Very helpful!

TheAgency

Reaction score
I know this thread is 7 years old but THANK YOU!!! I have a new (to me) 2016 Yukon. Driving today I noticed a slight chirp in the rear when tapping the accelerator. Now I know why. I imagine the aftermarket exhaust I'll put on it will solve it.

Thanks again for your post and follow up. Very helpful!
Collective knowledge at its finest! Congrats on the new, new to you vehicle- sometimes those are some of the best trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts