Using Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Assist Shocks to Stop Chevy Lean (Leaning to the Left)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevot22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '04 Tahoe Z71 that started to noticeably "driver's side lean" a couple of years ago. I put a level across the rear bumper and adjusted the torsion bars to even it up. Remember to mark the torsion bar bolt and count how many full turns and flats you turn it in case you want to put it back.

It's up on jack stands now, replacing the brake lines and fuel pump, so I'm thinking about getting a leveling kit that includes different torsion bar keys so I don't have to have the left side cranked in. Some kits will also level the truck front to back.

OP
OP
trickasshoe

trickasshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this. The lean for mine is all in the back it seems, the front is off a little, but not as much as the back and I think the front is only off because the back is not level.

Still haven't gotten around to replacing the springs yet, I'm a college student and haven't been home to throw it up on the lift in my garage to do that. I probably need to do brake lines too, this thing has 171K on it and has been in Ohio it's whole life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColonelAngus918

Latest posts