Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated and balanced the tires today and replaced the last two TPMS sensors, one of which was on the fritz. These two sensor while identical in look to the other two that were removed earlier, had a different part number. I checked it on ebay and it comes up for Jeeps and Chryslers! So now we know that 56029398AA and 56029398AB will work on our GM trucks.

As usual they could not relearn the tire positions. They were trying to use some shop tool. The old sensors were nearby, there were other GM cars in the bays and the manager's keys for his GMC were on his hip. I took her home, had lunch and came outside and relearned them using the remote. Easy peasy.

12.9 mpg on this tank so far, about 1/3 of a tank to go. Lots of idling and way too much traffic, the Yankees have arrived for winter!

The manager of the tire store has a 2013 version of mine in 2WD and gets 19 mpg @ 80 mph.

The check engine light for that offending cat was on when the tire guys brought the truck out of the bays. I reset it with the Tech2 and away the light and code went, again. Can't ignore it forever but I want to. Ohh, had to nail it to beat the wall of cars coming out of the church parking lot, she spun the tires until traction control kicked in, first time for that but then again I rarely drop the hammer. But looking forward to the drags with it this Friday!

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last tank averaged 13.2 mpg. Was looking at Gas Buddy to see which Mobil station nearby had the best price and noticed that E85 at Racetrac was now $2.079 per gallon. So we took on 22 galleons and headed for the race track. And you know what? My crazy motor averaged 15.6 mpg on the way to the track on E85 and got back up to 13.7 mpg once we got home, about 45 minutes each way averaging 50 mph or so.

Met up with two fellas from the forum here, very nice folks and of course their trucks were faster than mine! We made two passes and then let the transmission cool off for an hour and then made a last pass. The track was not crowded, we could have made a dozen runs if we wanted to. Having never run this thing before, I didn't want to push my luck and leave my transmission or worse all over the track.

First two launches were at 2000 rpms with some wheel spin in 2WD (1st pass with traction control still on, duh!). Those were 16.7s @ 84-85 mph. Dropped the launch rpm to 1500 for the 3rd pass and ran 16.55 @ 85 mph. That's 302 Rear Wheel Horsepower and par for a stock truck. Short times went from 2.7s to 2.526. Once we put sleeves on the tie rods then we'll make some 4WD launches.

More importantly, my wife and children had a wonderful time and cannot wait to return and run the truck down the track themselves! After the fellas left and my 3rd pass complete, I joined my family up in the stands and answered the myriad of questions from my girls with a glad heart. My little ones found my old Grand National t-shirts and wore them tonight!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Last tank averaged 13.2 mpg. Was looking at Gas Buddy to see which Mobil station nearby had the best price and noticed that E85 at Racetrac was now $2.079 per gallon. So we took on 22 galleons and headed for the race track. And you know what? My crazy motor averaged 15.6 mpg on the way to the track on E85 and got back up to 13.7 mpg once we got home, about 45 minutes each way averaging 50 mph or so.

Met up with two fellas from the forum here, very nice folks and of course their trucks were faster than mine! We made two passes and then let the transmission cool off for an hour and then made a last pass. The track was not crowded, we could have made a dozen runs if we wanted to. Having never run this thing before, I didn't want to push my luck and leave my transmission or worse all over the track.

First two launches were at 2000 rpms with some wheel spin in 2WD (1st pass with traction control still on, duh!). Those were 16.7s @ 84-85 mph. Dropped the launch rpm to 1500 for the 3rd pass and ran 16.55 @ 85 mph. That's 302 Rear Wheel Horsepower and par for a stock truck. Short times went from 2.7s to 2.526. Once we put sleeves on the tie rods then we'll make some 4WD launches.

More importantly, my wife and children had a wonderful time and cannot wait to return and run the truck down the track themselves! After the fellas left and my 3rd pass complete, I joined my family up in the stands and answered the myriad of questions from my girls with a glad heart. My little ones found my old Grand National t-shirts and wore them tonight!

This is awesome! :driver:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice meeting you and Andy last night...not sure what they(pbir) had planned but was a free for all for the most part :lol:
usually they stage 4 lanes for street tire and they other 4 for "no time" and bike/mini drags. and you have time between each run as they rotate classes just to sit in staging lanes, let cool, and bs with drivers.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The track didn't seem to get organized until that black big rig with the dragster left and then they had the street cars use the left lanes that were blocked by the truck. There were many cars, take that supercharged green caprice for example, that they would have thrown off the track without a cage years ago. Shortly after that a couple of cars broke down at the lights and they had to do a big clean up and then bring out the heat to prep the surface again so we called it a night.

My youngest daughter got up in the stands and someone called her name. It was her classmate who was video taping his Dad's Cadillac. Small world. LS engines seemed to dominate.

It was fun watching your Denali beat those cars too! What do you launch at?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vids after its faster :lol:

Still messing around with launch in mine it has 3k circle d stall. I'll foot brake it as high as it'll go, but needs a little better tire and/or more power to get thru the weight transfer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega