Upgrading to lager wheels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrading to larger wheels.

Whats the deal with upgrading to larger wheels and tires. Running the stock 17s now and want to go to 22s. Will I need to get tech2 programing to change the TPM System if my new tires require higher air pressure in them.

Also heard that the computer needs to be programed for the larger and heavier wheels so it does not affect the othe systems such as traction control and ABS.

Let me know what needs to be done.

Last edited:

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of doing any of that, TPMS should be no problem as long as you make sure you transfer your TPMS sensors from your stocks to the new wheels...Im on 24s, no problems at all....

OP
OP
S

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You running the same pressure as you did in your stock wheels?

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah your only problem might be keeping the bums from drinking your lager wheels.

Redline5004

Reaction score
No problems with m 22's. TPMS is fine, keeping 35 psi in tires. Didn't worry about speed change,there should be a conversion chart on Tire Rack's web site. Just put in your original size then the size you are going to. From my stock 18's there is a 2mph difference. Not sure on the reprogramming, usually can only change to optional manufacturer sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK