Upgrading/adding Temp display to Rear View mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice info Atomic! I will need to keep this handy when I do this mod to the 77 in a couple weeks :waytogo: got the stuff....just need the time :)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha stole a little from a diff thread on another forum, but i can take all the positive feedback with that awesome picture taken by my ****** canon camera. lol

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowledge transfer counts too :waytogo: we all learned everything we know from somewhere else :D

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done!
Thanks to all for their help.
Changed out a 97 dimming/compass mirror to a dimming/compass/temp mirror.
Basically went from three wires in the mirror connector to 5 wires.
I kept the old dimming/compass harness in place and just added the two temp sensor wires to connector position 6 and 7.
Worked like a charm!
Tony.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: nice job!

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!

I'm still trying to get off my ass and do it! Actually I think I might try the NBS mirror. I've been looking and I like the twin stack display.

The same company makes a 3" lcd in the mirror that when in reverse shows what's in the camera, and when not in reverse goes back to being a mirror. Kinda neat.

If I'm going to replace the mirror, why not get an upgrade eh?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got that mirror working tony. 99yuk, i can order you one if you want one. I sell audio stuff through my biz i own and we sell those. (ill get it to you at dealer price) ;)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got that mirror working tony. 99yuk, i can order you one if you want one. I sell audio stuff through my biz i own and we sell those. (ill get it to you at dealer price) ;)

Not to get off topic but you can get things like new head units and stuff. The reason I ask cuz I'm kinda keeping my eyes pealed for my GP.

Anywho...back on topic :waytogo:

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PM sent...

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Done!
Thanks to all for their help.
Changed out a 97 dimming/compass mirror to a dimming/compass/temp mirror.
Basically went from three wires in the mirror connector to 5 wires.
I kept the old dimming/compass harness in place and just added the two temp sensor wires to connector position 6 and 7.
Worked like a charm!
Tony.

I forgot to ask....did you have to run those two wires into the headliner? Where did you run those wires up the headliner? Or were they already there in the wiring harness?

BTW, kudos for doing it!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
you already have the 2 wires in the headliner (power and ground) youll need to run the other 2 wires (for temp sensor) down the drivers or pass side apillar, then through the firewall or wherever and infront of the grille.

Burb, let me know if you want anything :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24