Under hood fuse relay junction box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had theirs go bad? I've been chasing a headlight issue for a while and just found a video on YouTube where the guy had the same problem as me and he replaced the box and the issue was solved. He said their is an un-servicable relay inside it that can go bad. The part is about $200, 19210438.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
GMPARTSWAREHOUSE.COM has it for $184.10 and RA has it for $210.00. Amazon Prime is $230.24 with free shipping.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people have bad success either re-seating it or pulling it and cleaning the contacts or banging it with a hammer and block of wood. Or replacing it. Not sure about the relay thing.

OP
OP
Glisella

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people have bad success either re-seating it or pulling it and cleaning the contacts or banging it with a hammer and block of wood. Or replacing it. Not sure about the relay thing.

I've tried removing completely and reseating with no luck. Nothing looked burnt or dirty, I used some compressed air on it but maybe worth a try of some type of electrical cleaner before buying a new block.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried removing completely and reseating with no luck. Nothing looked burnt or dirty, I used some compressed air on it but maybe worth a try of some type of electrical cleaner before buying a new block.
You might try putting a large block of wood on it and tapping it with a hammer. I think it was @iamdub or @Doubeleive that has done this, maybe one will chime in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well first question is what kind of headlight problem exactly?
my box got moved while getting some autobody work done and resulted in a no start problem
I wiggled it and wiggled and banged on it and lifted it up and pushed it back down and banged on it some more and she started and no problem since.
some people have found some corrosion on the pins and had to clean them up before to make things work
I see used ones on ebay for $100
but back to the first question....

OP
OP
Glisella

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first question is what kind of headlight problem exactly?
my box got moved while getting some autobody work done and resulted in a no start problem
I wiggled it and wiggled and banged on it and lifted it up and pushed it back down and banged on it some more and she started and no problem since.
some people have found some corrosion on the pins and had to clean them up before to make things work
I see used ones on ebay for $100
but back to the first question....

So you made me go back and pull when I first posted about it and holy shit it's been over four years.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/headlights-wont-turn-off.69960/

I guess I don't do that much nighttime driving?

Anyway, if my low beam relay is in, they won't shut off.

Someone on YouTube had same issue and replaced their fuse block and it solved it. The previous owner had aftermarket HIDs at some point as I found ballasts rigged up behind quarter panels, so I'm thinking maybe something got fried at some point and they went back to stock.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you made me go back and pull when I first posted about it and holy shit it's been over four years.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/headlights-wont-turn-off.69960/

I guess I don't do that much nighttime driving?

Anyway, if my low beam relay is in, they won't shut off.

Someone on YouTube had same issue and replaced their fuse block and it solved it. The previous owner had aftermarket HIDs at some point as I found ballasts rigged up behind quarter panels, so I'm thinking maybe something got fried at some point and they went back to stock.
ok, let's try something really simple, presuming you have a electrical meter of some sort and you have mastered the skill of pulling a yukon headlight out, then check the 3 wires on the headlight power harness and find the ground, 1 is a ground, 1 is the low beam power and 1 is the high beam power. once you have determined the ground wire leave the one headlight disconnected and attach a piece of wire to the ground post on the headlight harness that is disconnected and ground it to the frame (anywhere close by is fine, loosen a bolt and stick the wire under the bolt and tighten it back down) then go see if the one attached headlight works properly (i.e shuts off like it should) if it does then easy fix just patch a ground wire to the headlight harness it wont hurt anything and will provide the ground that is no longer working stock. it doesn't matter which headlight you do this to because they are on the same harness. try that and report back.

OP
OP
Glisella

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, let's try something really simple, presuming you have a electrical meter of some sort and you have mastered the skill of pulling a yukon headlight out, then check the 3 wires on the headlight power harness and find the ground, 1 is a ground, 1 is the low beam power and 1 is the high beam power. once you have determined the ground wire leave the one headlight disconnected and attach a piece of wire to the ground post on the headlight harness that is disconnected and ground it to the frame (anywhere close by is fine, loosen a bolt and stick the wire under the bolt and tighten it back down) then go see if the one attached headlight works properly (i.e shuts off like it should) if it does then easy fix just patch a ground wire to the headlight harness it wont hurt anything and will provide the ground that is no longer working stock. it doesn't matter which headlight you do this to because they are on the same harness. try that and report back.

Damn good thought, I have a multimeter and those large ass headlights I've removed too many times. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so Mon or Tues will give it a go and let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15