Unclog sunroof drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id use welding wire before a coat hanger inside a plastic tube.
true I didn't know they were plastic inside until after I watched the video, figured it was a metal tube, maybe even some bailing wire would work then, but air is probably a sure thing.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to be careful running wire and things down the tube, not real thick, best to drop headliner so you can pull of drain and try to blow it out, to much pressure from sunroof channel can blow the hose off. also sometimes they crush as they run in tight places. used to have a sunroof shop that installed these and repaired many

Puckrobber

Reaction score
Had the same issue with my Hummer H3. The air compressor solution is probably the easiest & safest way to do it. A couple of the H3 guys also poured drain cleaner or shower cleaner into the tubes. Said it worked okay for them.

If it rains a lot in your area, check your sunroof tray for water, or you'll get a surprise shower when you stop or turn a corner too quickly.

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel