TV Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, so with the new Digital conversion for local TV stations, how would one go about using a TV tuner in their truck? Don't want a sat., just local channels. I had one in my old truck, but not now. Anyone else have this set-up?

OP
OP
B

benztrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did he get the tuner from? Is it just one of the one's you use for your house?

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
Yeah I've thought of this before, I don't know of anyone making a 12 volt converter box or digital tuner, but you could use one of the govt $40 convertor boxes with a power invertor and use the AV in on your head unit or screens :shrug:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Yeah I've thought of this before, I don't know of anyone making a 12 volt converter box or digital tuner, but you could use one of the govt $40 convertor boxes with a power invertor and use the AV in on your head unit or screens :shrug:

thats what my buddy did, Just plugged it in to a power inverter in the center console and the red white and yellow plugs in to his stock entertainment system on his truck. Its pretty cool when sitting in a parking lot, but dont expect anything when on trips.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should be what you are looking for!! I might have to pick one up, I've wanted to be able to pick up local channels on our tv's but just been to lazy to get the equiptment to do so!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one. I made my own from a DTV box with a separate power transformer (wall wart) and 9v DC power requirement. cut off wall wart, attach 12v lighter plug, done.

AS indicated it will not work in motion... dtv is either all or nothing... instead of getting snowy it jsut freezes and breaks up like a scratched to hell DVD. it also doesn't work at as low a signal os you can't be as far away.

Works fine for tailgating though. I'm hoping it will work ok at Fort Wilderness campground so I can keep up with the weather reports, etc.

Last edited:

trvlnut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm interested in doing this. I have purchased an Artec T3A Pro converter box and it is 12V. I plan to hardwire it to the power outlet. One thing I can't figure out is how to run the antenna. This guy on the Odyclub forum did this, but I can't follow how he did the antenna. It's the post by amignaci. Here's the link.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showt...e=15&highlight=digital+converter&pagenumber=6

Anyway, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this, does anyone have any suggestions for me? I really want to hide the antenna like the Odyclub guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779