Turndown sound on tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mdestb3st

Reaction score
sure will!...might be a while considerin i gotta save up but i will! haha

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could do it yourself..just cut the pipe off right before your stock muffler. go to the auto store and get a 3" adapter to whatever size the **** is (probably get 2.5" in/out. you can also rent a tailpipe expander from the auto store. stock pipe is 2.75" before the muffler. expand it a little bit to fit the adapter, then clamp that on. then clamp the adapter to the muffler, get some strapping to support the muffler, then buy a turndown and clamp it on to the muffler..should be less then 100 with the cost of the muffler

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude dont even worry about mufflers. just find you a muffler shop to cut out the muffler then run a piece of pipe until right after the axle then dump it there. Mine is just muffler cut out with a pipe welded in the gap and I love it.

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just got the 50 series flowmaster and sounds pretty good dumped. has a nice deep rumble. i paid 200 installed for the muffler, turndown, and install.

edit - mine is dumped right after the muffler, before the axle.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just got the 50 series flowmaster and sounds pretty good dumped. has a nice deep rumble. i paid 200 installed for the muffler, turndown, and install.

edit - mine is dumped right after the muffler, before the axle.
that's my exact setup as well :)

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I love mine especially with the longtubes. Quiet on the highway with no drone, loud as hell when I want it to be

th_MOV02007.jpg

th_MOV00062.jpg

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
max you runnin a turndown? im thinin of cuttin mine off right before the pipe turns to come out the side..im sick of the stock exhaust stickin out like a sore thumb

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Yep I hated the tip even on the magnaflow it was a pain in the ass to keep clean

DSC01962.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925

Latest posts