Turn Signal Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010tahoeltz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I recently bought a 2010 Tahoe LTZ about a month ago. I swapped out all 4 bulbs in each tail light for LED bulbs, I swapped the front turn signal/running lights to LED bulbs and the DRLs to LED, as well as all interior lights, entry lighting (Under Mirror) and license plate bulbs. The lights flashed quickly after install, so I fixed that by installing resistors at each light (total of 4). Now I have a weird problem, and I'm not exactly sure when it started but I can't figure out what is going on.

When the head lights are on, or I am stepping on the brake, all the signals work perfect. However, if head lights are not on, and I'm not stepping on the brake, when I signal, it makes all 4 signal lights flash, both fronts and both rears. It looks like I have my emergency lights on. The Turn arrow in the mirror will only flash on the side I'm signalling, but the 4 corner lights will all flash.

In the rear, both the upper and lower red lights flash, as well as the small 194 bulb down in the bottom/side. When I step on the brakes, or have the head lights one, only the bottom bulb flashes in the rear (bottom 3157 bulb).

Also when all lights are flashing, the license plate bulbs flash with them. I can't figure out what's going on for the life of me, I swapped out to normal bulbs, or even no bulbs on one light, and it does the same thing, tried disconnecting the resistors, problem persists. Looking for any ideas. Had a buddy who works at a shop look at it last night and he thinks it might be something in the BCM or the turn signal switch. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS I suck at explaining stuff, so let me know if that doesn't make sense!

joshcarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the exterior light control runs through the BCM. the lack of load from the LEDs and the artificial loading by the resistors is likely the issue. i would measure the draw of the stock bulb assembly against the LED/resistor combo to see if the numbers match up (or are even close).

i would post the .pdf files of the circuit, but the allowed size limit is way too small.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
For the turning/signal lights you only need the resistors up front. You shouldn't need them for the rear.

Dolfz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I recently bought a 2010 Tahoe LTZ about a month ago. I swapped out all 4 bulbs in each tail light for LED bulbs, I swapped the front turn signal/running lights to LED bulbs and the DRLs to LED, as well as all interior lights, entry lighting (Under Mirror) and license plate bulbs. The lights flashed quickly after install, so I fixed that by installing resistors at each light (total of 4). Now I have a weird problem, and I'm not exactly sure when it started but I can't figure out what is going on.

When the head lights are on, or I am stepping on the brake, all the signals work perfect. However, if head lights are not on, and I'm not stepping on the brake, when I signal, it makes all 4 signal lights flash, both fronts and both rears. It looks like I have my emergency lights on. The Turn arrow in the mirror will only flash on the side I'm signalling, but the 4 corner lights will all flash.

In the rear, both the upper and lower red lights flash, as well as the small 194 bulb down in the bottom/side. When I step on the brakes, or have the head lights one, only the bottom bulb flashes in the rear (bottom 3157 bulb).

Also when all lights are flashing, the license plate bulbs flash with them. I can't figure out what's going on for the life of me, I swapped out to normal bulbs, or even no bulbs on one light, and it does the same thing, tried disconnecting the resistors, problem persists. Looking for any ideas. Had a buddy who works at a shop look at it last night and he thinks it might be something in the BCM or the turn signal switch. Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS I suck at explaining stuff, so let me know if that doesn't make sense!

Dolfz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey sorry to be responding to an old thread but I'm having a similar issue on my 03 Z71 4x4 I recently replaced the rear tail lights for LEDs and it has worked just fine up until about a week ago.. The blinker started flashing rapidly and then I realized my left rear turn signal was not working and when I have the turn signal in the left signal position it also blinks the license plate lights and the right blinker blinks so I replace the junction module above the exhaust on the right rear of the truck with no result.. Was hoping you came up with a fix for your issue and maybe it will apply to mine thank you for your input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick