TRS Direct fit LED fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a black truck the black fogs make it look like a base model without fogs.

On most other colors, especially white, from a distance......... I think it would look like someone stole the fog lights. LOL

Only way to really pull off black fogs is to have black headlights to match.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think its a mistake on their part. They claim in that thread like 80% of the buyers want them black...

I think chrome or even silver would be smarter, if the person doesn't like it, let them paint it black.

Just saw them and thought you NNBS guys might be interested.

80% of their buyers want smoked fogs? What about us in the 20% category? I agree that they should be customizable, that way they fill BOTH markets. Then they would've had the potential to sell many more sets.

And after reading through the thread again, I'm not convinced 80% of their buyers want a blacked out look. I don't see anyone in this thread mentioning that they like the current look, just a bunch of potential buyers stating they'd purchase if clear. Stupid blacked out housings...:(

Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well realistically open them up and paint them... you can't say "oh for 150 I don't want to mess with it" cause anyone that has done a retrofit has more than that invested lol. Heck most people pay almost 150 just for the replacement housings they are going to retrofit... just saying. They don't fit my truck so doesn't matter to me lol

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well realistically open them up and paint them... you can't say "oh for 150 I don't want to mess with it" cause anyone that has done a retrofit has more than that invested lol. Heck most people pay almost 150 just for the replacement housings they are going to retrofit... just saying. They don't fit my truck so doesn't matter to me lol

I'm aware that modifying these is a possible alternative, just think it would have been a smart move on TRS's part to offer these as a direct factory replacement silver/chrome finish. Or give the option to the buyer. Looking at MANY pics of different members trucks here daily, I really don't see many guys running smoked fogs. Makes for a classier look with the factory chrome housings, IMO.

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm aware that modifying these is a possible alternative, just think it would have been a smart move on TRS's part to offer these as a direct factory replacement silver/chrome finish. Or give the option to the buyer. Looking at MANY pics of different members trucks here daily, I really don't see many guys running smoked fogs. Makes for a classier look with the factory chrome housings, IMO.

I agree. I'm contemplating doing another set of headlights in chrome for mine.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are JW Speaker replicas like someone said here before.

Still would like to see some in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezze77

Latest posts