Troubleshooting a Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooneywa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thoughts on what could be causing this:

I've got a 2008 Z71 4WD with a 1.5" level up front. I have a vibration in the the front that comes and goes with no relationship to road surface, wind direction, or speed. It feels like a slight shake in the steering wheel but is definitely noticeable. If I drive a 200 mile trip, I'll get it for maybe 120 miles of the drive. Discount Tire has said the tires look to be in good shape with no cupping. Alignment should still be good.

Tie rods going bad? Other steering issue?

Any direction to start would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did discount tire check the balance on the tires? I recommend making sure they "road-force" test them.

Another thing to check, you have a 1.5 leveling kit? Make sure that nothing is wrong with the installation of the upgrade. Go back through it and re torque everything, etc.

mikewayne

Reaction score
Steering wheel vibration might just be a symptom, and cause might be really different so i would suggest you to take an advice from the a good technician about the trouble and the remedy about it.

OP
OP
M

mooneywa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It took a couple tries but they finally got it balanced correctly and the vib is gone. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n