Transmission flush ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gio270

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up an '07 Tahoe with about 145,000 miles on it. My question is: Does it make any sense to do a complete transmission flush on a vehicle with that amount of miles?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
To me that is an iffy question. If never been done before and the fluid is very old then doing so could have drastic consequences to the trans clutch packs. I think I would drop the pan and do a filter and get a look see for any debris in the pan or old filter and then drive and see how she does. IMO

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Something else to add. Start saving now for a trans job in the future. I like to get maintenance records when buying used but very hard to do sometimes. I am actually going in about 2 hours to look at an 03 that has new tires and brakes and all the maint records with 125k on it and from the second owner.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x3

I've seen more harm done than good after a fluid flush/exchange in a few circumstances where the mileage was high and had never been performed before. Proceed with caution.

Last edited:

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just drop the pan, new filter and refill the pan with high quality fluid and a bottle of transx.

OP
OP
gio270

gio270

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Transmission Flush

Thanks gents. Think I'm gonna play it safe. If it aint broke.............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot