Transmission Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robh415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No 1st gear?

2015 Tahoe LTZ: I went to back out of the garage today and heard a loud clunk when I put it into reverse. Engine light came on and lost acceleration power.

We hooked up the code reader to it and got the codes P2721, P0971, and P0700. We tried to erase them and they come right back.

I let it sit overnight and when I tried it again today the engine light was out. After about 10 seconds with the car not moving it made the loud clunk sound again and the light came back on. I pressed the onstar button and they told me to try to get it to a service center within 7 days. I assumed it was ok to drive. I think it lost 1st gear, It runs normal once its over about 20mph. If it is in park or neutral it makes a whining sound. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Last edited:

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ: I went to back out of the garage today and heard a loud clunk when I put it into reverse. Engine light came on and lost acceleration power.

We hooked up the code reader to it and got the codes P2721, P0971, and P0700. We tried to erase them and they come right back.

Does anyone know a way to disable the reduced power feature so I can make it back to the dealer. Thanks

Don't do it . That could void warranty. On a new Tahoe your dealer should provide a tow. Call them

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever came of this? Sounds pretty serious.

OP
OP
Robh415

Robh415

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TCM/Solenoid

Whatever came of this? Sounds pretty serious.

They told me they had to replace the Transmission control module. One of the pressure solenoids inside of it was leaking. It ran great for about a week, Then it started to shake really bad and the engine light came back on. I took it back to them and they changed a fuel injector. I have had it back for about 3 days and everything seems to be great so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese