transmission and transfer case breathers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL93619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am new here, thanks for your patience. I searched but could not find an answer.

I had my 2004 Yukon XL 4x4 transmission replaced and can see that the transmission and transfercase each have one vent line hooked up and it goes to a single vent line into the engine compartment with a vent cap at the end at this time.

In the process of extending the breathers because I am going to do the Mojave Trail in October I found one vent line just dangling above the transmission which was not hooked up to anything and had a vent cap on it. I was unable to locate anything that would hook up to it.

Can someone tell me how many vents the tcase and transmission should have? If its one each then I am ok but this old vent hose I found unused makes me wonder if its no longer needed or if it does go to a different part of the transmission or t case.

thanks!

john

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts