Transfer Case Rebuild Kit ASAP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in need for a transfer case rebuild kit for my 98 hoe. I am getting a bad tapping sound and vibration coming from it. Its all most like when I universal joint is going out but I just put in new Moog joints in the rear and I have removed my front drive to make sure there was nothing wrong with the IFS. The transmission I rebuilt about 3 years ago and made it dam near bullet proof with stronger parts. She just hit 212,000 miles so I am thinking its problem time for a rebuild for the transfer case. I'm going to bring my hoe to my mechanic and have him look at it to make sure that it is my transfer case. Mine is the 4 button auto 4x4 case, I would like to rebuild bigger, better, stronger or any mods I need to do wile its down. I will be ordering the parts friday so post up if you know where I should order from because I am at a lost. What type of transfer caser do I have and what kit do I need??

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be pulling a transfer case out of my local pull-a-part. I checked on line and they have a few 98 z71 pickups with the 3 button 4x4. Mine is a 4 button, if I take the electronics off mine transfer case and put it the pull-a-part tc will it work?? Or do I need to find one that has the 4 button tc in it?? Would one out of some of the other models SUV's work??

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
negative ghostrider! the auto4wd has a clutch set in the t-case and the standard e-shift does not. you need an nv246 unit with a clutch. look for truck of the same obs years as well as the early half of 2000's.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
who you calling goose hollywood. my call sign is viper(a.k.a. patroni)(the use of the name viper in no way endorses viper branded alarm products(they suck)). get it right or i'm gonna have air boss johnson on your case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM