transfer case clicking/creeking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montec313

Reaction score
i have a 98 tahoe 4x4 with the push button. the transfer case has a clicking/creeking noise coming from it. i jacked the back up and rotated the wheels to pin point that it is coming from inside the t case. any ideas what this is? the tahoe drives like a champ and i wanna catch it before it tears other stuff up. whatever the prob is. does any one have a exploded diagram of the t case

OP
OP
M

montec313

Reaction score
has two buttons. the are no loose mounts. the noise is in the tranfer case. i jacked it up and spinned the wheels while under the tahoe. same noise as driving.

OP
OP
M

montec313

Reaction score
it has the auto4x4 under the two wheel drive. and on the other switch is 4x4 and under it is low 4x4

OP
OP
M

montec313

Reaction score
ya i checked the fluid in the transfer case the other day to make sure it wasnt that. first thing i thought of. lol when ever it stops feeling like hell outside im gonna take the t case out. been 100 degrees out for the past couple weeks.

ChiTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to tell ya but whatever it ends up being, prolly time for a rebuild. Or if you search online I bought one years ago NEW GM for $250 shipped, some company out of Wisconsin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts