Transfer case back lash Help 07 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the transfercase on my 07 denali. I did the slip yoke lubrication and still have a hard clunk upon acceleration. i did not switch out my yoke to the updated one..
When i was under the rig i noticed a more than usual amount of play when rotating the rear drive shaft untill the front drive shaft engaged.(AKA transfercase chain back lash or tension)
The $500 question(literally).. is there a way the tension the t-case chain or is it a wear item? if not tensionable what should the amount of play or backlash be between the front and rear drives?
if anyone has some knowledge on this, it would be GREATLY appreciated so im not going in blind on replacing parts. :banghead:

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My motor mounts are good and have the same problem just waiting for something to break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like its time to freshen up the rear diff with some new bearings and seals. You will get a lot of drive line slop from the rear diff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo