Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timc9516

Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon xl denali. Occasionally when I take off from a stop I get traction active on the dash and loose all power.

2 years and 20ish thousand miles ago I replace both front wheel bearings with ac Delco

I check both rear sensors the left appeared to seated correctly the other was raised alittle. I took it out and cleaned it but still no improvement.

I do have a code for the steering wheel position sensor. Is it possible that is what's causing it?

I did some driving around town with a scanner on it but of course both days I had the scanner it didn't act up so I couldn't see anything all 4 sensors start ready after 3mph

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Well I replaced the steering wheel position sensor last night and on my drive home it came on twice. Back to square one ‍:banghead:
Any recommendations?

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check all ground connections.... there is a ground connection plan somewhere here in the forum...

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got around to checking the grounds. I'm not seeing anything. All connections and strong and clean. I got my hands on a better scanner and all 4 sensors are reading correctly.

Alittle more info. Ive been driving with the scanner connected monitoring various data streams to see if i see anything strange. So far this is what ive found. When the light comes on I lose throttle input. The abs motor runs and all 4 isolation valves become active. 35% of the time if I stay on the throttle or trying to accelerate more it will keep the light on longer. But usually it's very short. Also 60% of the time if I let off the throttle and get right back into it. It will clear the message and I can accelerate again. Acouple of days ago I went to load my previous session to drive to work. And noticed the last session saved 4 codes.

P0567 cruise control resume switch circuit
P0568 cruise control set switch circuit
P1571 traction control torque request circuit
P1574 stoplamp switch circuit

Edit: I wanted to add I didn't touch the cruise control buttons the whole time I was driving

Im new to this scanner its a matco maxlite
It doesn't show any sorta status. It just shows those codes. I then checked all modules and there were no active or historic codes

I looked up the codes on all data and some of them it said description unavailable. But had info on them. From what I was reading most of them pointed to an issue with the tac module. So I started looking at that and found the ground is on the bell housing of the Trans. Which was a red flag for me cause I had my Trans rebuilt not to long ago but I visually checked the ground and it was good I also checked the ignition feed and ground wire to the tac module and they both light a test light.

I have no idea where to go next. But this is starting to become dangerous cause it does it when I'm turning as well. And everyday I have to turn left out of work onto a 55 mph road.

Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I finally got around to checking the grounds. I'm not seeing anything. All connections and strong and clean. I got my hands on a better scanner and all 4 sensors are reading correctly.

Alittle more info. Ive been driving with the scanner connected monitoring various data streams to see if i see anything strange. So far this is what ive found. When the light comes on I lose throttle input. The abs motor runs and all 4 isolation valves become active. 35% of the time if I stay on the throttle or trying to accelerate more it will keep the light on longer. But usually it's very short. Also 60% of the time if I let off the throttle and get right back into it. It will clear the message and I can accelerate again. Acouple of days ago I went to load my previous session to drive to work. And noticed the last session saved 4 codes.

P0567 cruise control resume switch circuit
P0568 cruise control set switch circuit
P1571 traction control torque request circuit
P1574 stoplamp switch circuit

Edit: I wanted to add I didn't touch the cruise control buttons the whole time I was driving

Im new to this scanner its a matco maxlite
It doesn't show any sorta status. It just shows those codes. I then checked all modules and there were no active or historic codes

I looked up the codes on all data and some of them it said description unavailable. But had info on them. From what I was reading most of them pointed to an issue with the tac module. So I started looking at that and found the ground is on the bell housing of the Trans. Which was a red flag for me cause I had my Trans rebuilt not to long ago but I visually checked the ground and it was good I also checked the ignition feed and ground wire to the tac module and they both light a test light.

I have no idea where to go next. But this is starting to become dangerous cause it does it when I'm turning as well. And everyday I have to turn left out of work onto a 55 mph road.

Any ideas?
if there is a code for steering wheel position sensor then I would look at replacing it.
cruise will not work if there is a brake circuit issue, so that may be why you are seeing cruise codes because it will disable cruise because it assumes your brakes are not working and if you wrere cruising then you would not be able to stop when the brake pedal is pushed
check you brake lights, brake light wiring, brake switch

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
I already replaced the steering sensor with no change. And cruise still works and so do brake lights. And the computers see the brake switch input as well

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Ok so its been a few months on this. I no longer get any of the codes listed above. I dont get any codes in abs or vses. Its getting worse as it does it almost every time i take off from a stop now. I read that the ebcm has an internal relay known as system voltage. Does anyone know what the system voltage for the ebcm is supposed to show when reading data with a scanner? Mine shows 0.7v. My theory is maybe the ebcm isn't getting enough power and cause weird traction events.

Also I read the tps could cause this. Anyone have any insight. Also. I can't seem to find any other brand than dorman that carries the tps. Anyone have bad luck with them. I did find a gm genuine throttle body but it's $260

Last edited:

MrShmack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Timc9516, did you ever find a resolution? Currently experiencing the same thing. My case was a little different. My 03 Tahoe’s steering wheel would jerk left to right at low speeds and traction active would pop up so I would have to deactivate it. I ended up checking my speed sensors and noticed that the passenger side had been replaced but my drivers side was still the original. I ended up replacing it and I thought the problem was resolved but now I’m getting traction active flashed again. I’ve scanned it and no codes are present or pending. Nothing fancy of course just a basic scanner… Any insight is appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900