TPS reading zero voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kreion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cruising on the highway today and CEL sets. Hooked up my scanner and its p0300. Looking at data the rest of the way home I notice my TPS has ZERO voltage via scanner. Also misfires on cylinders #1 (2 misfires), cylinder #4 (826 misfires) and cylinder #7 (3048 misfires). Truck does hesitate and buck just a tad in low gear going about 10-20 mph (which thought it was an evap leak that was fixed due to gas cap just does it not as rough) and shift hard a tad rough every now and again. No other codes, no reduced engine, fires right up, really runs like nothing is wrong. Oh and p0300/misfires come and open throttle/highway, no misfires city.

What would cause the TPS voltage to read ZERO instead of triggering a TPS code p2135? Could it be the catalytic converter not allowing flow which prompts the p0300? Only got about 10 miles on motor (brand spankin new). 6.0 LQ4. Figured I'd get extra input before I go fiddling with things.

TIA!

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8600.JPGIMG_8599.JPGIMG_8598.JPGIMG_8578.JPG

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has that code reader ever read tps voltage? That code reader may not be able to see it. As an example, iac position is an option on mine, but it's always 0 which I know is wrong.

OP
OP
K

Kreion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That cant be right. It would never know what position your throttle is in with no voltage output to the PCM.
Thats what I said also. Has to be incorrect because I wouldnt see how itd be possible.

OP
OP
K

Kreion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has that code reader ever read tps voltage? That code reader may not be able to see it. As an example, iac position is an option on mine, but it's always 0 which I know is wrong.
Im not sure. Barely used this cheapo scanner I bought 4 years ago. Ill have to check on another vehicle to confirm.

OP
OP
K

Kreion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May be Injectors, This scanner doesnt read them but #7 misfires and the values for it is low. #8 doesnt misfire at all. Going to need a better scanner for sure.

IMG_8611.JPG

IMG_8609.JPG

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your plug wires to make sure they are fully seated on spark plugs. Those boots are tight and can trick you into thinking you are all the way on. You gotta feel the click for it to be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz