Towing...will alarm go off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mccullionj

Reaction score
So I'll be towing the Denali on a trailer cross country. When I get it on the trailer and lock the doors with the key fob will the factory alarm go off while towing? If so, what actions can I take to keep the truck locked but not have the alarm going off?

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Denali itself will be on the trailer?

or the Denali is pulling a trailer?

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt the factory alarm will go off. I believe it only goes off if someone opens the door after you arm the alarm they dont have shock sensors or tilt sensors which will activate If towed an alarm is set

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
With ignition on and doors closed use the power lock switch in your door to lock everything. Then manual unlock that one door and open it while the others stay locked. Turn off ignition. Get out manually lock door and close it. That locks everything while bypassing the the alarm arming in most vehicles unless you have an auto arming system. Assuming your alarm does not have motion, shock or tilt sensors installed.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With ignition on and doors closed use the power lock switch in your door to lock everything. Then manual unlock that one door and open it while the others stay locked. Turn off ignition. Get out manually lock door and close it. That locks everything while bypassing the the alarm arming in most vehicles unless you have an auto arming system. Assuming your alarm does not have motion, shock or tilt sensors installed.

He stated it's a factory alarm I never seen a factory alarm come with shock sensor,audio, or tilt sensors

OP
OP
mccullionj

mccullionj

Reaction score
The Denali will be ON the trailer (ie towed by the F250)

It's just a factory alarm so I wasn't sure if it had any sensors other than the forced door. Ill give the manual lock method a try.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Denali will be ON the trailer (ie towed by the F250)

It's just a factory alarm so I wasn't sure if it had any sensors other than the forced door. Ill give the manual lock method a try.

Just arm it and if it goes off use the key fob to disarm it which I really doubt it will go off like I stated above factory alarms only go off when the door is forced open no shaking,towing an even breaking a
Wouldn't set it off

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He stated it's a factory alarm I never seen a factory alarm come with shock sensor,audio, or tilt sensors

I think you can buy an add on tilt sensor from GM to work with the factory alarm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts