Torsion bar replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 4 door 99 chevy tahoe obs. I recently installed 6" rcx suspension kit. I came to realization that my torsion bars are worn out and even at full crank the front end of truck settles out and sags down.

I was going to order new torsion bars but I found these and I am curious if these will work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-06-Chevy...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43d735e256&vxp=mtr

Thanks.

Where did you guys buy new bars?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Sorry that is like buying used leaf spring packs. There are somethings you just don't do. Do you have the t-bar codes handy? Usually a 2 letter code that starts with the letter g.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anybody found a good place to buy replacements?

OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it truE that 2500 keys will help my worn out bars?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Get them form the dealer or perhaps a reputable leaf spring manufacturer.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

More like keys where the indexing is off enough or advanced so to speak that it creates an extra amount of rotation on the bar while the key will remain in relative the same position on the crossbeam. Does not really fix the issue but is commonly used to get some extra suspension lift in the front. Often at the expense of ride quality.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford keys could do the same but as sunlit stated, it is not fixing the issue

OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So here is the newest issue. Replacement torsion bars for my obs 4 door tahoe are discontinued from gmpartsdirect.com...

Does anyone know where i can get another set or lead me to a pair of 2500 bars that will fit in the spot of 42" tahoe bars????

Thanks

OP
OP
J

jmlea0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think they are code yb if that make sense. Gmpartsdirect said the part numbers were:

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts