torque converter/flywheel bolts loose after tranny work......loctite soloution??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeface

Reaction score
I bought my Tahoe 3 years ago knowing the tranny had just been done to the amount of $3,750. about 6 months ago my flywheel started ringing like a bell when I would start the vehicle. having had a similar problem years ago on a 76 cutlass I knew my flywheel/toque converter bolts had come loose.

easy fix.........all three were loose, one was out about 1/16 of an inch. so I torqued them back down as a quick fix and all was good.(no locktite added) or so I thought. I think they are loosening up again.
so my question is what locktite should I use ...................red or blue. I get conflicting answers. I am thinking red as it does say its removeable with force alone and sometimes heat. I really don't want to get I there again after this................but don't want it permanent and a ***** to remove those particular hard to get at bolts with heat later

all feedback appreciated

peace

99Vortec

Reaction score
Driveplate-to-torque converter bolt.

4L60...............62 Ft-Lbs.
3L80/4L80......35 Ft-Lbs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member