Tornado Victim: RIP '97 LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my family and I were just in a head on collision in the "new" Tahoe. Its totalled. We were on our way to my parents to swim and someone was coming around a sharp corner (notorious for drunks), we watched him lose control and overcorrect and hit on my front drivers side. We are mostly ok....bruises, cuts, bumps. The police wouldn't tell me the condition of the other driver, but it didn't look good.

I'll have some updates and pics of the truck as soon as I go to the wrecker yard.

When will this shit stop happening!?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear every one is ok, sucks the new one is no more. planning on finding a 3rd?

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bet I am! I would hate to think of what would've happened if we had been in anything else. That truck took a hell of a hit from the front. I loved Tahoes before, but now I owe my life to them....

wrecked99tahoe.jpg

Last edited:

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
********... :whymewhyme:

I'm glad you and the family are okay though, no material item could ever take the place of family and friends.

Third time's a charm!

edit- Just saw that picture, and all I have to say is thank god for good 'ol American heavy steel fullsize trucks.

Last edited:

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good grief!! I'm so sorry to hear of that happening! Where did the wreck occur, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm glad you're all okay!

Casey

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I just learned the other guys name, he's 41 and in serious condition. They still don't know if he has insurance or not, and I haven't heard if he was drunk or not. But by the way he was driving, I would think so.

The wreck was on Highway K, just south of Racine. About 4 miles north of Seneca.

Looks like my insurance is gonna pay for my truck and then go after the guy. I'll update next time I get around a computer with internet.

OP
OP
N

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, had a chance to log in and update everybody.

The guy that hit us was drunk, didn't have insurance, and was driving his gf's car (that didn't have insurance). Turns out, my wife use to work with his gf. Small world, huh?

The wreck ripped his left arm off and I was told he almost died, but later recovered.

After paying my deductible, and getting ran around by the insurance company, they paid me for my truck in full. Plus, a little extra $ to hurry up and sign the medical releases.

I bought a 2001 Tahoe LS, Charcoal Grey w/ 5.3L Vortec. Don't have a way to post pictures yet, but hopefully soon. I really do miss the OBS Tahoe's, but this one was really clean and had the right price tag. Trust me, I must have looked at 200 different Tahoe's! Just hope these NBS's are as tough as the old ones....

Be back with more pics of the wreck, and the new truck...