Votes: 7 15.9%
  • TBSS

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Platinum

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Denali 20s with balloons

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think its overplayed in the forums. But in the streets, how many in ones area are rocking the same ck 375? I never seen anyone here in my area with the Tbss other than TBSS.

You are right---just on here mainly.....but can you blame them-that is a sexy clean wheel!

I never see any CK375's around here and maybe down the road I may be the first one after my current ones have run their course ;)

einsfahrt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tiebreaker! Go for the Esky wheels. OEM look FTW. I really do like the TBSS wheels, but in the end I went with 375's for the OEM appeal.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serge if you want HRE call me on monday 360-876-8797 ask for Jim. We are in washington state. I can find out what you want and see what kind of price i could do for ya.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so just a quick update ...

I actually haven't decided on which rim to go with yet, and probably won't in the short term. The plats and the tbss reps are top on my list right now but I want to investigate more options. If I had to pick today I'd go with the tbss reps, simply because they would be a unique look for a denali and quite frankly, I see a lot of esky plats in my area and so their rims aren't that unusual.

In the meantime, I ordered a set of Nitto 420s 305/50R20s to wrap the denali rims with ... so that will happen by week's end. So in a month or two, when I finally do pull the trigger on new rims, someone is going to be able to buy a sick set of 20s. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, they sure do look good, now to see how they perform.

Btw, it's interesting to me how tire fitment works.

For the 305/40/22s they recommend a rim width of 10"
For the 305/45/22s, they say 9"/9.5"
For the 305/50/20s, they say 8.5"

So what I'm learning is that it's not the width of the tire alone that puts stress on wheel fitment, but instead is width and sidewall height. Basically, a narrow rim can handle a wide tire as long as there's enough sidewall to support it ... conversely, the lower the sidewall the narrower the tire spec.

So in the end, the paradoxical result is that my 20x8.5 can take to a 305 widh tire better than my 22x9s.

Last edited:

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a hookup with HRE? :)

I wish......there were some 22s on Ebay with GM fitment. I almost pulled the trigger. Easy enough pulling them apart and making them exactly what you want. I did it with my last set of HREs.

If I had to do it all over I would go with step lips and a flat barrel.

Just scored some ADV.1s for the car:

DSC02884.jpg

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ those are win!

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish......there were some 22s on Ebay with GM fitment. I almost pulled the trigger. Easy enough pulling them apart and making them exactly what you want. I did it with my last set of HREs.

If I had to do it all over I would go with step lips and a flat barrel.

Just scored some ADV.1s for the car:

DSC02884.jpg

Is that a E class? Show a side pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts