Votes: 7 15.9%
  • TBSS

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Platinum

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Denali 20s with balloons

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually platinum looks great too. Both choices will look sweet. What's the quote on the platinums?

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ... I've been researching for 8-10 spoke concave rims with no lip in 22x10 and this is one of the very view in existence. I'm contacting some vendors on Tuesday to see what can be done price wise.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

actually platinum looks great too. Both choices will look sweet. What's the quote on the platinums?

Neither of these two options is cheap. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is good looking rim on the cheapo side call M706 by Milano Motoring:

milano_m706_22x9.5.jpg

I dunno tho ... never heard of this manufacturer and the chrome finish looks a little dodgy to me. :shrug:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any 3pc modular wheel can be made in concave Serge. Just because it isn't in their catalog, doesnt mean it can't be done. That's the great thing about 3pc wheels.. You build it how you want it, not how everyone else has it.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any 3pc modular wheel can be made in concave Serge. Just because it isn't in their catalog, doesnt mean it can't be done. That's the great thing about 3pc wheels.. You build it how you want it, not how everyone else has it.

Interesting ... so you mean the COR Revallo can be made to look like the MS?

I don't mean just the concave part but also the spokes right up against the lip?

And wouldn't the MS be less expensive since it is already this way as opposed to having to customize the COR?

Thanks.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting ... so you mean the COR Revallo can be made to look like the MS?

I don't mean just the concave part but also the spokes right up against the lip?

And wouldn't the MS be less expensive since it is already this way as opposed to having to customize the COR?

Thanks.

All wheel designs are created in CAD. The CAD design is uploaded to a CNC machine and the wheel is cut. When in the design process, the wheel can be made standard or concave. Yes, of course there will be a cost difference. Concave wheels are always more expensive. Just requires different tooling and machining to get it right.

I think you are confusing concave versus flush mounted wheels. Whereas concave is exactly as it sounds... The design bends outward towards the lip as it distances itself from the wheel center. The flush mount on the other hand just changes the back spacing of the wheel to make the flat wheel center sit flush against the outer edge of the lip. With this there is nothing concave. Just a matter of back spacing and offsets to create that look.

I'm pretty sure we discussed this before, or maybe it was miscommunication. I've always had custom wheels on every vehicle I have owned, down to custom billet and 3pc. They can all be custom tailored to exactly the way the customer wants it. Don't be set in what you see in a picture on the internet. If you want a specific design done to a certain way, they'll do it. It's a custom wheel. They are all made to order and for this reason, you pay a high price and have to wait for them to be made.

:)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thank you ... but my impression is that the crescents are slightly concave no?

Point taken on the personalization point ... But wouldn't it be fair to say that, let's say for the sake of argument each wheel started at $1k per wheel, that I'd the look I am looking for is flush and slightly concave, I will have to pay more to achieve that look from a COR than on the MS which is base design is already that.

Meaning that I could go right now to carid I can buy the Crescents and they will deliver them in a couple of weeks because it is their natural design and presumably MS has some in stock ... but to get a similar result from the COR Revallo I will have to pay more and wait longer for them to custom make a set for me?

Thanks bud, I'm still learning this 3 piece stuff.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All 3pc wheels are made to order Serge. Some might be made faster because it's a standard offset for that vehicle, but if you tweak it or make it custom (doesn't cost more for that unless you do a concave wheel), then it will take longer.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. :)

Can I ask one last thing that you've tried to explain to me before but that I still dont fully understand?

When you look at a wheel like the crescent, flush mounted and slightly concave, where the center bolt holes are so far from the hub ... how can they get them at 20mm offset?

Meaning the close to flush center wants to tuck them in further, and the bolts are only so long, so how do they manage that?