Time for new battery, need info, 2019 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For our 2019 Tahoe. OE battery is a 94RPG or H7 size flooded acid standard type battery. Looking at new batteries I see that for a few more dollars I can get the same physical sized AGM H7 with a better amp rating and better warranty (4 year free replacement). But I'm not really up to date on these charging systems in these newer vehicles. Will the AGM battery work ok with the pretty sophisticated setup in this machine? Anyone actually replaced a standard battery with the AGM? I don't have any tech tools to do any relearning of the BCM on this.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that an AGM battery is compatible with your year truck. There have been some threads on this Forum discussing AGM versus standard lead-acid batteries.

Other members of this Forum will chime in.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the AMG was standard on my '17 Yukon Denali. When it failed there were no AMG replacements in my small town, traditional lead acid it is.
I use an AMG in my race car and it does not care.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the AMG was standard on my '17 Yukon Denali. When it failed there were no AMG replacements in my small town, traditional lead acid it is.
I use an AMG in my race car and it does not care.
Race car?

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm into 3rd gens myself, not much into racing though:

88 gray camaro.jpg

On the Tahoe battery I'm thinking I'll stick with the OE conventional battery. This is our road/vacation machine and it has to be dependable.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon and replaced my battery with an Odyssey AGM (ODP-AGM94R H7L4).
Be advised, you'll have to remove the air intake box and coolant reservoir to install this battery.

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it swapped out yesterday. Spent more time cleaning everything up than actually changing the battery. That's one heavy chunk too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12