Tightening Spotlight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the unity spotlight on my drivers side A-pillar. Originally I was going to remove it, but I’ve grown to enjoy it for off-road use/night time shooting use.

The only problem I have with it though, is it seems loose. I can’t get the head to fold all the way down and, compared to ones on our work vehicles, needs much more work to control.

Last Thursday I was coming back from shooting and passed a semi going the opposite direction on a two way road. The spotlight slammed from the folded down position to upright. Scared the crap out of me until I realized what happened. Never had that happen with a work vehicle either.

Any ideas? Is there some bolts/screws I need to tighten? I’ve searched online and saw that they need to be oiled/greased around annually. But that doesn’t seem like it would make it feel loose; I’d think it’d stiffen it up.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try some of the screws on the post itself, mine is a bit loose as well. On the new ones I've done 121 (top speed for the 4WD PPVs currently if anyone's interested) and the spotlight remained in its position, while others, including my own the spotlight will flip when doing around ~80.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a shot, as well as spraying the internals with white lithium lubricant to see if that makes any difference. I guess worst case scenario, I take to our fleet guys and see if they have any ideas.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a shot, as well as spraying the internals with white lithium lubricant to see if that makes any difference. I guess worst case scenario, I take to our fleet guys and see if they have any ideas.
Just went out and did mine, you have to adjust the allen key bolt on the outside post.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome! I’ll go check mine out. I appreciate the follow up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali