Thoughts on this 15 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommyb80

Reaction score
http://www.buickgmcofmahwah.com/Veh...-Yukon_XL-4WD_4dr_Denali-Mahwah-NJ/2998593763

What are your honest thoughts on this Denali? Price seems pretty legit, miles are average. Was probably a soccer mom from up here. im going to try and go look at it either today or tomorrow after work. Plus the dealer is 2 minutes from my work so a service appointment would be really convienient. I appreciate the honest feedback and help.

nj16yukon

Reaction score
I think it's an average deal. I worked in Mahwah for 15 years and I still reside in north Jersey. As you know, Mahwah is a pretty affluent area and the dealer's pricing typically reflects that. I've actually been to that dealer before; never purchased from them, but had a pretty good experience. Couple of thoughts...

1. Check the transmission. I think some of the early 2015's had the 6-speed. Seems like most people here (including myself) have been pretty happy with the newer 8-speed.
  2. I don't love the gap in the Carfax between 5k and 35k miles. Perhaps not a dealbreaker, but something to consider.
  3. Figure out the MSRP and then the % off. Check the thread for prices paid and use as a guideline.
  4. Check Autotrader for 2015's and 2016's in our area. I went out to PA for my used 2016 Denali XL. It had 13k miles and I got almost 25% off original MSRP.
Good luck!

OP
OP
Tommyb80

Tommyb80

Reaction score
Yeah man I work at Don Bosco so very familiar with the area. I looked real quick at Laura just to compare and a new one is another $10k. I will be putting considerable miles on the truck, so buying new is probably in my best interest.

Where did you buy your truck?

nj16yukon

Reaction score
I definitely agree with going "lightly used" on the Denalis. I used Ciocca Chevy out in Quakertown, PA...only because they had the exact vehicle I wanted. I got lucky that they were also great to deal with.

I did a quick search for Denalis with similar mileage to your Mahwah one. Not sure how far you are willing to go, but just as an example...Bergey's in Souderton, PA has a white 2015 with 39k miles for 52.6k. It also happens to be certified.

OP
OP
Tommyb80

Tommyb80

Reaction score
Hmm I'll check it out. If I pull the trigger it will be for a white/black Denali XL. Power steps and the 22's are nice but not necessary. I saw the one at Mahwah GMC and it's basically what I want. Ideally if I were to find something similar to yours I'd jump on it. Saw the how much thread and you did pretty well.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming the price is otherwise good, I would be concerned with the service history and vehicle condition. If the vehicle has not had its routine maintenance at the proper intervals, don't buy it. If the dealer can't prove it's been serviced, don't buy it. If the price difference is such that the cost difference between used (CPO) and new is minimal (including monthly payment), don't buy it. If I sound negative, I am. The listing just does not give me warm fuzzy feelings (do those still exist??).

If you still want to buy it, take to your favorite mechanic, even if it is at another dealership, for a full assessment. If he likes it, then you buy it.

I firmly believe that buying from your local dealer is a better choice than going out of town. relationships are important, especially if you run into a problem down the road. And, to that end, most dealers worth their salt want repeat business, not just the sale today.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Tommyb80

Tommyb80

Reaction score
All very valid points Richard. I've got an awesome rapport with my local Ford dealer, so you're spot on with having that relationship and the perks that come with it. I like Where this 2015 is because it's literally 2 minutes from my work so if it has to go for service it's not an issue. Considering I'll be commuting in it having the dealer by work is a plus. I'm still looking and will have to go test drive if I find something good.

I appreciate the responses so far. Keep them coming!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rdr854..I would not touch any vehicle unless I saw service records that the vehicle was serviced every 5-7K miles.

If service was done at a independent mechanic I would need to see paperwork of exactly what brand of oil went into it and what grade of oil it was..I believe all the 2015 and up call for 0w20..I would also need to see paperwork of what oil filter was being used.

Every used vehicle I bought since 1985 all had service records showing it was serviced every 5K miles by the dealer.

Just had my Tahoe serviced this morning by the dealer..Even though GM recommends service every 7500 miles the mechanics recommend changing the oil every 5K miles to stay on the safe side..As it turns out I have always changed my oil since the 70's every 5K miles.

All that is just IMHO..To each their own.

Travelvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
http://www.buickgmcofmahwah.com/Veh...-Yukon_XL-4WD_4dr_Denali-Mahwah-NJ/2998593763

What are your honest thoughts on this Denali? Price seems pretty legit, miles are average. Was probably a soccer mom from up here. im going to try and go look at it either today or tomorrow after work. Plus the dealer is 2 minutes from my work so a service appointment would be really convienient. I appreciate the honest feedback and help.
I have a 2015 Denali. If it has the eight speed transmission, you'll hate the exhaust resonance when is in AFM mode. I bought a Range Technology AFM override module which totally solved the problem. Otherwise, it's a boss!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe