Those with aftermarket roof racks w/ lights - where do you run your wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brasskey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a BajaRack and I'm planning on putting some lights up front and a few on the back. For anyone that has done this, where do you run the wires for your lights? Do you drill through roof? Run them through door jam? Thanks.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some drill through the roof, but thats not the first option. Do you have a LS / LT model or Z71?

If you have a Z71 just run them under the Roof-Rack cover / cap. Drill yourself a small hole for a rubber grommet, and then run the wires through the cap. Take out the inner bolt of the rack, and run the wires down into the truck (Headliner). Then run your power, ground, and switches. Be sure to use silicon in the bolt hole and in the grommet so water doesn't get in the truck.

If you have a LT/ LS you will need to be a little more innovative here. Im sure you can run them through the rack cap and through the bolt hole, but depends how many wires. Like I said, Your gonna have to be creative on this one.

OP
OP
B

brasskey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some drill through the roof, but thats not the first option. Do you have a LS / LT model or Z71?

If you have a Z71 just run them under the Roof-Rack cover / cap. Drill yourself a small hole for a rubber grommet, and then run the wires through the cap. Take out the inner bolt of the rack, and run the wires down into the truck (Headliner). Then run your power, ground, and switches. Be sure to use silicon in the bolt hole and in the grommet so water doesn't get in the truck.

If you have a LT/ LS you will need to be a little more innovative here. Im sure you can run them through the rack cap and through the bolt hole, but depends how many wires. Like I said, Your gonna have to be creative on this one.

I have a Z71 so I'll figure that option out. Thanks.

TALL00TAHOE

Reaction score
Trying to figure this out myself let me know how you decide, post some pictures if possible. Thanks

scrambler42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So how did this work out. Have you done the project yet? Very interested because this is actually why i just signed on to the sight. Please let me know how you did it and post pics of how it turned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz